Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
I have a lifetime sub and I pre-ordered the game and got the bonus items, and they're really awsome. The rifle from target bailed my ass out so many times, and the auto plasma turrent is equiped on my cruiser. but lets face it those items are only good through Lt. and half of LtC.


I would like to see items available for lifetime subs for each tier for each item slot, and eventually open them up to the rest of the people.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
05-25-2010, 12:54 PM
What are you talking about? My star cruiser is STILL using the Red Matter Capacitor and Automated Defense Turret. And what about the uniforms? They never go out of style. And don't get me started about the Joined Trill and Liberated Borg. Plus, there's the Tribble...Borg BOff...need I go on? Only a few of the items get shelved past a certain rank, such as the Chromodynamic Armor and old-school Constitution.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
05-25-2010, 12:55 PM
I have a lifetime sub, but I don't think itt's fair just cause I plopped down all my money at one time, i should get perks which are scalable to my current level. Compared to someone who could possibly pay more than me given enough time.

I do agree though, Items which provide some combat related abilities should scale for everyone.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
05-26-2010, 02:13 AM
Why should only life time subs get this? Why not everybody? Are we really that special?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
05-26-2010, 03:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nishka
Why should only life time subs get this? Why not everybody? Are we really that special?
Yes, of course we are. The benefit and risk that lifetime subscribers do has been argued thoughtfully since pre-beta. But, it boils down to - yes.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
05-26-2010, 03:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruen
Yes, of course we are. The benefit and risk that lifetime subscribers do has been argued thoughtfully since pre-beta. But, it boils down to - yes.
We already have so many benefits given to us. It's not that I don't appreciate what Cryptic is doing for us, but it's starting to feel like we're 1st class citizens while normal subscribers are 2nd class citizens.

At least put veterans on the same level then and make the same goodies available to them after having an active subscription of 400 days. With the monthly fee they paid about as much as a life timer then.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
05-26-2010, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMaster View Post
I have a lifetime sub and I pre-ordered the game and got the bonus items, and they're really awsome. The rifle from target bailed my ass out so many times, and the auto plasma turrent is equiped on my cruiser. but lets face it those items are only good through Lt. and half of LtC.


I would like to see items available for lifetime subs for each tier for each item slot, and eventually open them up to the rest of the people.
Just because you've decided not to use those items doesn't mean they're not of use. The turret has stayed with me all the way up to RA5. I can't even begin to count the amount of huge arse torpedoes it's destroyed while allowing me to stay on target.

I'd most definately not want a situation like what you're asking for. New items for every tier in every slot?

I don't know if you've expressed this properly so please correct me if i'm wrong here but to me that sounds dangerously close to having the best equipment handed to you freely for the entire game. Saying "that wouldn't go down well with the STO community" would be this Centuries greatest understatement.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
05-27-2010, 08:13 AM
I think that they should (as someone suggested, I believe), add the lifetime items after 700 or 750 days. That would be about $350 - $400 in monthly fees; more than what Cryptic makes from a lifetime subscription. If I give Cryptic more money than you do, I want the same perks and items you get. Just because I can't pay that much at one time but I can pay more over time is no logical reason to chastize me.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:01 PM.