Lt. Commander
# 11
05-20-2010, 04:57 PM
Spoke to soon, soon as I got a dialog box pop-up from completing a mission the screen dimmed and the moving textures, flicking shadows and extreme light bloom issues came back...

It is almost certain that what ever is going on it is game side, I have tried three different driver versions using driver sweeper, checked and double checked temps, disabled Aero graphics, reinstalled the game, set all graphics options to zero in-game and in the Nvidia control panel, undid and even downclocked my graphics and CPU, all to no effect. IT IS NOT A HARDWARE NOR DRIVER ISSUE...
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-20-2010, 06:03 PM
Formating my hard drive fixed this problem. I know it is so PITA. However, I noticed this game run smoothly on high settings. I have sli gtx 260. ^^
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-20-2010, 06:45 PM
You guys have something else going on then. I went from 197.13 to 197.45 and didn't have these problems, before or after the game patch. I've not had to reinstall the game or reformat my drive.
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-20-2010, 11:49 PM
This is really starting to annoy me... Now it will work fine up until I open the char status page, or a mission dialog box, at which then the whole game world will disappear for 1-2 secs then slowly rebuild and with it all the graphical glitches. The UI itself remains visible while all that is going on.

Again I am really stressing that everything was fine up until the May 13th patch, nothing else had changed, what else could it be?? I'm begining to think what ever they changed to the UI is causing all the problems.

I don't suppose there is a way to run without the patch in somekind of offline mode to test with is there?
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-21-2010, 12:57 AM
Lets see. I have uninstalled, the game deleted all files with the game. i used driver sweeper on the gfx drivers and i uninstalled evga precision Nope didn't work! Now granted i can still play the game with great frame rates in the 80's all maxed out but my eyes starting bugging out and i get a head ach with the floor always moving. Even on reinstall settings its doing it.

Well I was on the evga forums when someone stated that the game started doing the same things after he updated to new precision http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=347619. I turned mine off and the issues stopped so far.....
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-21-2010, 05:49 PM
Seems Evga Precision was part of the cause, though it was working just fine up to the May 13th patch, so what ever got changed in the game doesn't play nice with it now.

Edit 1: The work around is to set the "On-Screen Display 3D" to off rather than the default on, it fixes all the graphical glitches and can still watch your temps and what not.

Edit 2: Ok, I think I see now what happened, "On-Screen Display 3D" is a new Precision feature. When I installed EVGA precision a week before the game patch I told it to keep previous settings, which it did, but when I updated STO the profile I had made for it was erased and remade and when it did that "On-Screen Display 3D" got turned on. And probably the same thing when Saberous updated his drivers, it remade the profile.
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-21-2010, 09:00 PM
That's some good detective work - nice to see some thorough troubleshooting. I have EVGA Precision but don't usually have it running, and don't use "On-Screen Display 3D" when I do.
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-21-2010, 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U.S.S.Krieger
That's some good detective work - nice to see some thorough troubleshooting. I have EVGA Precision but don't usually have it running, and don't use "On-Screen Display 3D" when I do.
Heh, I can't live without it, it's "fun" watching how the card responds to the game/s. (Yes, I know I'm a nerd) I just wish it could watch the CPU temps and usage too.
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-22-2010, 04:15 AM
Sweet!!! Its great that its working for you too. Its working great for me. I am glade i found that post!
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-25-2010, 01:26 PM
I just happened to see there is an updated version 1.9.4 of Precision that specifically addresses this issue:

Quote:
EVGA Precision v1.9.4 (05-21-2010)
EVGA On-Screen Display server has been upgraded to version 3.7.1 featuring the following changes:

* Improved On-Screen Display 3D rendering mode compatibility with Source engine based games and Star Trek Online
http://www.evga.com/precision/