Lt. Commander
# 111
05-25-2010, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintHazard View Post
40k online is in development.
*hits google*

By THQ, huh.

Well, Dawn of War was a decent 40k game, but I'm worried about the 'anywhere near a million' bar their investment has set... hoo boy. Even if the game is more addicting than a personal visit from Slaanesh, 40k is more than a little more niche than Star Wars...
Lt. Commander
# 112
05-25-2010, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingdeadjedi View Post
Oh reminds me. Saint I tried that new Citadel Airgun. Works quite well, nice even coat of paint and even does some cool shading even though it's more designed for large scale base coating.

Tried it on my Bird of Prey Model I got and it's working pretty good.
Sweet! Yeah, I just bought and assembled a Predator Annihilator and three Tornado pattern Land Speeders, and I am NOT brushing the undercoat on those damned things like I did my Rhino.

My Rhino took TEN coats of white paint before it started looking flat and even.

I'm probably gonna buy a can of Skull White spray paint from S2D this week and use that. I would've done it last weekend but they were out.

Edit: And as soon as I got another $100 or so to blow, I'm getting another Rhino for my second Tactical squad, a Land Raider Crusader and a Predator Destructor to round out my Heavy Support slots. I'm gonna have a lot of vehicle painting to get done in the next few weeks.
Lt. Commander
# 113
05-25-2010, 12:24 PM
I really should try getting a Job at the main Games Workshop factory in Nottingham I live close to it. A job should be something you enjoy after all.
Lt. Commander
# 114
05-25-2010, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Sweet! Yeah, I just bought and assembled a Predator Annihilator and three Tornado pattern Land Speeders, and I am NOT brushing the undercoat on those damned things like I did my Rhino.

My Rhino took TEN coats of white paint before it started looking flat and even.

I'm probably gonna buy a can of Skull White spray paint from S2D this week and use that. I would've done it last weekend but they were out.
A man after my own heart, I love tanks and vehicles, and Space Marines have some of the best.
Lt. Commander
# 115
05-25-2010, 12:28 PM
Quote:
A man after my own heart, I love tanks and vehicles, and Space Marines have some of the best.
It gets better, read the edit. :p
Lt. Commander
# 116
05-25-2010, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Go to hobby shop
Ask if they host a 40k group
If not, ask if you can start one
Place ads and flyers OR join existing group
Fun ensues.
hobby shop is other side of town, they do, i don't know what the schedualling is, and i don't have a car with which to travel the 10+ miles to get there -hangs head, i know, i'm lazy but i just don't feel like walking 10 miles under any condition short of a large (5k minimum) sum of money
also i do shift work and i think it's only a weekend thing and i only get 1 weekend a month off =.= and it's not even the same weekend each month =.= and my hours are messed up Dx i only know my schedule 1 week in advance =.= -grumbles more about crappy work-... so blah D=

i don't even know anything about painting, i fail at painting, all i use is a paint brush and a fine tip brush for detailed work =/ never used an air brush and wouldn't know the first thing about using it =/
Lt. Commander
# 117
05-25-2010, 12:31 PM
Excellent

I might make one of my tanks in a diorhama so its running over a few Skulls.
Lt. Commander
# 118
05-25-2010, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Excellent

I might make one of my tanks in a diorhama so its running over a few Skulls.
I have a Tyranid skull and an Ork skull that came with my Scout Sniper squad that I didn't use for them... they will be affixed in some manner to my Land Raider.
Lt. Commander
# 119
05-25-2010, 12:39 PM
sigh - flops- i wish i was good at something, i fails at everything artistic and i'm only average with computers and videogames and well i fail at just about everything else -stares blankly at floor-
Lt. Commander
# 120
05-25-2010, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by homsikpanda View Post
sigh - flops- i wish i was good at something, i fails at everything artistic and i'm only average with computers and videogames and well i fail at just about everything else -stares blankly at floor-
Nobody likes you, Captain Buzzkill.

Nobody at all.