Lt. Commander
# 1 Starcraft 2 beta
05-25-2010, 01:07 PM
Whose in the beta? What do you think? My buddy just got in an is letting me use his account, but I havent got around to DLing yet. I saw him playing though, and it looks great
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-25-2010, 01:19 PM
It does look great, but as with the original Starcraft the multiplayer just frustrates me. (I use the term 'Zerg' as an insult to level design now, and it was inspired by the Starcraft multiplayer experience - not much has changed) I've played a few games, but I'm waiting for the game hits in July to really dive in.

So, instead of playing the beta I have been playing through the original Starcraft to catch up with the story, seeing as how 2 supposedly takes off immediately after the ending. I'm looking forward to the campaign very much.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-25-2010, 03:11 PM
Honestly I'm not a huge fan, got my key with the first wave that went out. I like some of what they did, like destroyable terrain that delays the inexorable KE-KE-KE OH TEH NOES! moment, but it really is only a minor setback for a dedicated Zerg player. I like that they added new units but I'm really not digging how most of them require a heck of a lot more tech tree now, the Protoss being a great example of that.

Minor things bugged me too, like the voice acting. The Ghost sounds terrible, they went from sounding serious and awesome to sounding like deranged punk rockers with a vengeance. Oh, another minor problem was that the Zerg structures now on death spew broodlings, weak ones yeah but never the less they can decimate forward troops in rather short order and if you have siege tanks on backup it ends in grizzly friendly fire scenarios.

As stated though, I did like a few things. Like that we can now submerge the supply depots, a nod to those of us who use them as walls ahead of our bunkers and I like that overlords can now lay creep, oh and the new queen is a huge improvement, but I gotta say the old style of infestation was MUCH better than what we have now.

I dunno, campaign with the way it is now will rock pretty hard, but the multi is pretty dodgy at best.