Lt. Commander
I don't know if this is the proper place to give feedback for the MA revamp, butt I wasn't allowed to post in the Tribble server area, so I have to post it here in the gameplay area which I think it's most appropriate at:

Pro

1. Crafting access is much better overviewable and accessible. There even is a system with points, so you can see how much you still need to craft to advance to the next tier.
2. Access to consoles is now possible in any room (depends on what department you're currently crafting items), spares you virtual kilometers of running.

Contra

1. It's too easy to get really good weaponry, specially in the MK VIII and MK X levels. All you need is some dark blue, purple and brown anomaly data, about 100'000 EC and you can basically fit a Galaxy Class cruiser with very good weapons, such as 6 Tetryon Beam Array's (Rare [CrtD] [CrtH]) and 1 Transphasic Torpedo Launcher (Rare [Accx2]) for the fore weapon power enhancement. You could also get Chroniton's already for that tier with even better stats, butt not skillable below Admiral.
2. You can STILL not craft any faction type weapon you want (Phasers? Disruptors? Anything?). Instead, you can now buy anything at the vendor's. That's okay basically, butt it's also lowering the value of those special weapons (such as the Tetryon Beam Array's and Quantum Torpedo Launcher's for example) in the exchange, and you no longer need to be lucky to get a rare drop such as a white or even a blue Tetryon Beam Array MK anything.
3. There is STILL only one place to craft your stuff. If you're in Gamma Orionis or Zeta Andromedae, you have to fly all the way back to Alpha Centauri every time you wanna craft something. How about making crafting possible at any larger facility or task force, such as TFG, ESD, DS9, K7, SB39, SB114 or whatever the number is (Celes), Kronos, etc.?
4. There is no chance to craft epic stuff or uncommon stuff after MK II ... it should be possible for MK II up to MK VI to craft both uncommon and rare things, uncommon to lower anomalous data prices though. MK VIII and MK X should even have epic chances for crafting, for very high anomalous data amounts though. That would be really great ... or even components? Just a hint.

Soooo ... basically, there's still a lot to improve, butt it's better than it used to be, generally. If those items weren't just all that cheap at the vendor's. Probably exploration badges would have been a great thing instead of EC's? Anyway, keep it going, let's hope for more improvement.

My Idea

How about if you made a formula for all the tiers and their values / prices (anomalous data amounts) and then it's like: Any sort of ground weapon (e. g. Phaser Dual Pistols MK II [Common]) + let's say 9 red samples of any sort (all three symbols) will result in an upgraded Phaser Dual Pistols MK II [Uncommon]. You could also make it like this: Scientific samples 12 and 6 of the two other sample kinds would result in a specific upgrade, such as [Acc] or [CrtH] or [CrtD] or even (for ground weapons only) [KB1] and the other "1" thingy for MK II ground weapons. The same could be done for ship weapons. If it comes to personal shields and ship shields, engines, armors, etc. the same formula could be used.

For RARE weapons, the amount of anomalous data would just be about dubble or more, and later for EPIC weapons, even more. I hope you understand my vision. And as I said, you can insert ANY kind of weapon or shield you collect out there. That way, you could really craft your own arsenal for ground and space, and your settings would be very unique. However, if you would implement that system, you would have to take out the item vendors again.

I am already dreaming of the new STO with the new MA system. After some Lieutenant tier crafting, let's say at Lieutenant 8 or 9, I could fly around with my crafted weapons and shields etc. and ground stuff.

Miranda Class - USS Wineland:

Fore Weapon Slot 1: Phaser Beam Array MK II [CrtD] [CrtH]
Fore Weapon Slot 2: Photon Torpedo Launcher MK II [CrtH]x2
Aft Weapon Slot: Phaser Beam Array MK II [CrtD] [CrtH]
Shields: Covariant Shield Array MK II [Cap][Dis]
Deflector: Tachyon Deflector Array MK II [SenA][SenP]
Engines: Combat Impulse Engines MK II [Turn]x2

And maybe, with any luck, we could even upgrade consoles ... later, maybe. =D

~ Eris
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-17-2010, 12:19 PM
Currently, the only justification to complete 'Basic Research' is to advance to crafting the Mk IV areas. What would be useful, (and create more demand for crafting), is that once 'Basic Research' has been complete, provide access for 'Uncommon' and 'Rare' Mk II items. such as 'Personal Armor', and hard to acquire Ship items such as 'EPS Flow Regulators' These could be made recipe 'expensive' to prevent flooding of the Exchange market, and serve as a anomaly 'sink' to improve the value of 'Tier 1' crafting items in general...

Higher level crafting needs to expended to include more weapon types (e.g. 'Phaser Arrays', 'Plasma Turrets') and recipe 'expensive' Epic items such as 'Efficient' Impulse Engines and 'Patrinic Shields' and Blue 'EPS Flow Regulators', to also serve as Anomaly sinks to prevent flooding the market with crafting items
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-17-2010, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouchy.Otaku
Higher level crafting needs to expended to include more weapon types (e.g. 'Phaser Arrays', 'Plasma Turrets') and recipe 'expensive' Epic items such as 'Efficient' Impulse Engines and 'Patrinic Shields' and Blue 'EPS Flow Regulators', to also serve as Anomaly sinks to prevent flooding the market with crafting items
Give it some time. The new system is much better than the old. It should be easy down the road to add more "recipes" or "schematics" for crafting.

Though it's not really crafting, more "buying with different currency".
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-17-2010, 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErisTheVorta View Post
How about making crafting possible at any larger facility or task force, such as TFG, ESD, DS9, K7, SB39, SB114 or whatever the number is (Celes), Kronos, etc.?
I would really like to see crafting "rooms" in all other areas besides or instead of MA. I do not know if i am the only one but my graphics card does not cope with the memory alpha map. It crashes ( and comp freezes or i get a striped rainbow view ) from 10 secs to a minute after i enter the map. Usually i have to do a forced restart of the PC to get up and running again. And yes i have tried to alter almost every setting in the video tab. I have experienced random crashes in other maps as well earlier on but these have gone after latest patches. Powercolor 4670 1 GB, the factory overclocked version.

The MA problem for me still exists so i have just managed to do a minor check into the new craft settings, that is the 10 secs to a min before the crash happens.

Either the MA map have to be altered similar to other maps who had same graphics issues or the crafting have to be spread into other areas who do not have these issues.

Pretty Please
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-18-2010, 07:32 AM
@ Developers: How do you like my ideas?
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-22-2010, 04:09 AM
The lower tier things are way too expensive still. A new player, trying to equip his or her ship/crew will give up after one or two items.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-23-2010, 10:15 PM
Hmmm, if a new player goes to a star cluster soon and gathers enuff data during the normal episodes, it's quite easy to craft lower tier items.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-24-2010, 05:35 AM
I only know this:

I spend a million energy credits before Revamp to have access to all the research.

After the Revamp, I spend another half million to have access to the same research that I used to have.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-24-2010, 03:26 PM
My ideas have alway been to give each bonus a value and let you craft an item from scratch (or even upgrade an item) to have a specific value based on your crafting skill and the item's rank.

Also, it would be cool if they maybe maxed out the items at blue then gave you something like a 3% chance to craft an epic purple item with either one extra bonus, either random or let you add one more.

Go one step further. Make it so that the randomly generated extra bonuses are only attainable when you make an epic item. Perhaps then you could decrease the chance of creating a a more powerful item based on how many bonus you already put on it, thus putting only one bonus on the item would have a 1% change to go from green to blue and then 0.5% change to go from blue to purple. That way, those awesomely powerful abilities would become rare and highly sought after to get an item with 2 of those bonuses per item.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-26-2010, 03:57 AM
aside that good weapons cant be bought its a waste only for crafting like the exchanges now really a common ships weapon 140K the cheapest if you can make at most 100K in 3 days work now really are those sellers crazy or don't want to sell the items the energy credits are so hard to come by