Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
05-26-2010, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capulet View Post
Other than expecting any one kind of a reaction here.
Which is always a mistake, regardless of place, and one I'll cop to. I should know better.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-26-2010, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borysthenis
Which is always a mistake, regardless of place, and one I'll cop to. I should know better.
It happens to the worst of us.

But if you want me to be serious, I'll try.

It was a good read. A little bit dry, but I think that was your intention. And that fits, it being a scientific survey and all. Bravo, sir.
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-26-2010, 02:34 PM
I enjoyed this. It was well put together and as good as some of the official in-game document IMO. I would gladly read other similar posts about the Ferengi or even customized/Alien (as the character creator defines them) character races if they were as well-presented. STO should consider taking submissions like this to enrich its backstory.

Don't take the comments posted as "nasty". Snarky at most but not meant to be discouraging or "mean". The atmosphere here is meant to be very light and fun (some people's definition of fun is less sociable than others). Any post resembling "serious" is put to a litmus test (perhaps it is in fact a test of the poster...) to see if they can "hack it" here. Some people are easily bothered/offended/butthurt and leave quickly after posting something just as passive/aggressive or hurtful as what they themselves believe was posted to them.

Don't take it too seriously ...and welcome!
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-26-2010, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintHazard View Post

It was a good read. A little bit dry, but I think that was your intention. And that fits, it being a scientific survey and all. Bravo, sir.
Aye. When I saw the title I personally was expecting one good chide after another. A good tongue in cheek report on a Pakled's admission into Star Fleet Academy or the problems that arose from it. Something along those lines
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-26-2010, 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintHazard View Post

Thank you, sir. I'll try to avoid expectations of 'serious' in the future.