Lt. Commander
I'm just wondering if the devs have acknowledged the existence of this bug and whether or not they said they will even fix it?

I ran into this bug for the first time today when I decided to try the skill out... for my first hour I had no problems..

Then I went into a defend sector space mission.. and one by one my beams all went offline permanently after frequent use of beam overload 1 & 2... after 40 minutes I lost both dual phasers on my front and both phaser arrays on my back... all I had left was my torpedo launcher... suffice it to say, I was unable to complete my mission (nobody else was in the instance to help, so I had to start all over)..

That was 40 minutes lost because of this stupid bug.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-21-2010, 09:57 PM
yup...they working on a fix.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-24-2010, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoa-jin View Post
yup...they working on a fix.
If by "working on a fix" you mean "still have no idea why it's occurring," then yes.

Beam Overload is completely unplayable. I just logged out in frustration after losing all my beams and being down to rear-facing torpedoes only against the three-bar last fight of an Exploration mission. It's utterly ridiculous and absolutely unacceptable.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-24-2010, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaffis View Post
If by "working on a fix" you mean "still have no idea why it's occurring," then yes.

Beam Overload is completely unplayable. I just logged out in frustration after losing all my beams and being down to rear-facing torpedoes only against the three-bar last fight of an Exploration mission. It's utterly ridiculous and absolutely unacceptable.
What is making it hard for them to fix is that this thing does happen to you.

But does not happen to everyone. I mash the button as part of my regular attack cycle. So I mash it a lot.

And have not had the problem.

So the devs are most likely having problems identifying the source of the problem since it's not consistent.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-24-2010, 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
What is making it hard for them to fix is that this thing does happen to you.

But does not happen to everyone. I mash the button as part of my regular attack cycle. So I mash it a lot.

And have not had the problem.

So the devs are most likely having problems identifying the source of the problem since it's not consistent.
Actually, that's not the case. The bug has been identified specifically, to the point that dstahl was able to explain exactly what the bug was and that the systems coder is trying to get it ironed out by season 2 at the latest.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-27-2010, 03:58 AM
I have not experienced the bug on tribble, so i guess they finally fixed it