Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - Announcements and Release Notes
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
05-27-2010, 04:37 PM
Instructions for Adium Users

1. With Adium in the foreground, go to File -> Add Account -> Jabber
2. On the Account page, put your game username ID as the Jabber ID. Password is your game login password.
3. On the Options page, put CrypticSpace.com in the field for Connect Server. Resource can be whatever you desire (XMPP/Jabber supports multiple simultaneous logins; The Resource ID dictates which login gets which message.)
4. Click OK.

Enjoy!
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-27-2010, 04:59 PM
Using the Meebo client on my Android Phone, it automatically added and grouped fleetmates from my Tribble fleet and Holodeck fleets to my contacts list (grouped by fleets).

I'm able to send whispers to my fleetmates individually, but I don't seem to be able to join the actual channel. However, I believe that this is the limitation of the client itself. My IRC app doesn't seem to support XMPP (anyone know of one that does for Android?).
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-27-2010, 05:16 PM
Shiny Thanks for this
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-27-2010, 05:33 PM
So how does one specifically join say the Fleet channel or the Officer channel for the fleets we're part of?
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-27-2010, 05:42 PM
This is awesome. I'm guessing the reason why I'm not in my fleet chat is because it's not on live yet. Can I assume that fleet chat will be on when it's switched to live?
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-27-2010, 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Direphoenix View Post
How is this limited to Tribble? Aren't Cryptic's custom chat channels cross-shards (and cross-games)? Or is this only for fleet and zone chats?
This is limited to Tribble users only, not just to Tribble. What this does is allow a user with an XMPP client (such as Pidgin, Trillian, Jabber, etc.) to connect to our global chat server and be able to talk to their in-game friends while they are not in game.

Right now, this feature is only available to users of the Public Test Servers of Champions Online and Star Trek Online. In the future, everyone will be able to use this feature regardless of wheter or not they have signed up to Tribble.

You can join any custom created channel using this protocol. I like to recommend joining community watch for users just looking to try it out. I can even be found in there from time to time!

Thanks,

Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-27-2010, 06:25 PM
Hey again StormShade, this is awesome, I got Pidgin working and after I logged in, I instantly was able to view the Tribble Testing Fleet (Tribble), my firends and my Free Lancer Xtreme Fleet (Holodeck).

One question though, if I am logged in on Pidgen, can players in game see that I am Online to chat to?
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-27-2010, 06:52 PM
I got this to work on Pidgin after I found out about it over on the CO forums, but never could get it to work on Trillian Astra.

Turns out this is why we had our max channels bumped.
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-27-2010, 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
You can join any custom created channel using this protocol. I like to recommend joining community watch for users just looking to try it out. I can even be found in there from time to time!
Can't join any chat channels and the only two chat channels that show up when I click "Room List", then click "Find Rooms" are my Fleet on Holodeck and the Tribble Testing Fleet, but I can't join either of them.

I can't seem to join Community Watch either, but maybe I'm doing something wrong, I don't know, but I do know I really like this IM program and the fact that I can chat to players while out of game.
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-27-2010, 07:18 PM
Error joining chat tribble!tribble+testing+fleet@guilds.crypticspace. com

service unavailable

doesnt seem to work for me atm.