Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - Announcements and Release Notes
Login

Lt. Commander
# 41
05-28-2010, 08:21 AM
(Response to a deleted post pruned)
Lt. Commander
# 42
05-28-2010, 08:51 AM
After some quick debugging in chat, found the issue:

After the presence list is sent, there is supposed to be a final self-presence message, which both denotes the end of the list and indicates that nickname rewriting has occurred. This message is missing. At the same time, there's a spurious copy of the user's own presence in the main presence list (formatted as if it was a different user with the same name), which needs to be removed. That's all.

Pidgin doesn't care about self-presence messages, but some other clients do, and they break waiting for it to appear.

(This is ticket #875051, please make sure it gets where it needs to go)
Lt. Commander
# 43
05-28-2010, 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miiru
After some quick debugging in chat, found the issue:

After the presence list is sent, there is supposed to be a final self-presence message, which both denotes the end of the list and indicates that nickname rewriting has occurred. This message is missing. At the same time, there's a spurious copy of the user's own presence in the main presence list (formatted as if it was a different user with the same name), which needs to be removed. That's all.

Pidgin doesn't care about self-presence messages, but some other clients do, and they break waiting for it to appear.
I edited the posts accordingly :-), Sorry about the harshness.
Lt. Commander
# 44
05-28-2010, 10:20 AM
To work around the Self-Presence bug for now with other clients aside Pidgin:
Just input your handle as "Nickname" when joining the rooms/channels (MUCs).
Lt. Commander
# 45
05-28-2010, 11:06 AM
Just tested it and it worked perfectly. Well done.

EDIT:
I can see the chat channels and read them, but I can't post anything. It's like my message isn't sent. (works in Pidgin, but not in Miranda)
I can't read my fleet's channel and it's officer channel ("Info request error" in Miranda, "Service unavailable" in Pidgin).
Lt. Commander
# 46
05-28-2010, 02:54 PM
I notice that all Fleets our characters are in are added as friendslist folders. Nice.

A few questions/requests:
  • Could we also have our Friends list grouped as its own folder by default?
  • Is there a way to join the Fleet channels our characters are in?
  • Tells I send via the external client are echoed in STO but not the other way around. Would it be possible to make it work both ways? Seems like it would be a convenient way to log RP.
Lt. Commander
# 47
05-28-2010, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidheadjax View Post
I notice that all Fleets our characters are in are added as friendslist folders. Nice.

A few questions/requests:
Quote:
Could we also have our Friends list grouped as its own folder by default?
They are. However this is also delt with by the client you use. For example in my pidgin my friends are all grouped then there is a fleet section for holodeck, one for tribble than my chats.

Quote:
Is there a way to join the Fleet channels our characters are in?
Been discussed above and on page 1
Quote:
Tells I send via the external client are echoed in STO but not the other way around. Would it be possible to make it work both ways? Seems like it would be a convenient way to log RP.
No comment on this last one as I haven't msg'd myself in game hehe.
Lt. Commander
# 48
05-28-2010, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LasseBlutstroemen
Oh great. Instead of finally giving us vendors that sell all the stuff so we're actually able to fully and thoroughly test ****, they throw in another toy. Sorry to rain your parade, Cryptic, but you definitely need to have a look at your priorities.

It's a cool feature, there just are more urgent matters to attend to. If you were still in school, teachers would have told you something like "sit, F, missed the subject".
:p I find this to be a useful feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Askray View Post
They are. However this is also delt with by the client you use. For example in my pidgin my friends are all grouped then there is a fleet section for holodeck, one for tribble than my chats.
Hmm. -1 to Trillian, then. It lumped the non-fleet contacts in the general population.

Quote:
Been discussed above and on page 1
Not successfully unless I missed a post. I've joined channels just fine, but not actual fleet channels.

Quote:
No comment on this last one as I haven't msg'd myself in game hehe.
While it's funny to do that, what I meant was that, if I send someone a message from Trillian while I'm logged into the game, that sent message actually shows up in STO for me too. But messages I send in-game while also logged in via Trillian don't get copied into the Trillian window. Messages I receive from another party always go to both.
Lt. Commander
# 49
05-28-2010, 07:01 PM
OK, after testing it yesterday..... I can not longer log in to my account today. it says username disabled.

yesterday when i was testing it out, it worked perfectly; even when i was in game too.

now i can not log into it from pidgin. it says my account is disabled. now when i try to login to the game, i can not login. whats going on cryptic?

Quote:
vipeness@CrypticSpace.com/VipeNess disabled
this is from within pidgin.
Lt. Commander
# 50
05-28-2010, 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipeness View Post
now when i try to login to the game, i can not login. whats going on cryptic?
Why are you posting here about it? Go and file a support ticket. It's probably a billing issue of some kind.