Lt. Commander
# 1 VM lll Help
05-20-2010, 10:44 AM
I am fully spec for it but is now a dud after the nerf. Any sugestions as to what to use in replacing it? For the 4th slot. Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-20-2010, 01:28 PM
I use feedback pulse 3. If you squint its almost like a second RSP.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-20-2010, 07:09 PM
I currently use FBP ll. Didnt they kinda crimp FBpulse also, awhile back? Is three worth it now? I thought they nerfed it a little but also made it work on cannons too? Man it hurts when you are all respeced, deflected, and maxed out in something and they nerf it. If they would lower the damage a hair on those cannons we wouldnt have to fight for all these science toys. lol ( just kidding, no flaming)
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-21-2010, 05:50 AM
FBP3 reflects 100% as a baseline, but will do more if you spec for it. I can't remember off the top of my head which skills to use, but I think its deflectors and deflector field.

Its nowhere near as powerful as it used to be, but if someone is hitting you hard, and if you can react fast enough, then it can do some real damage.

Overall I must admit that its not as great as the old VM used to be, but its the best we have at the moment. Hopefully they'll fix VM at some point.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-21-2010, 07:45 AM
I switched to tykens rift 3 but on tribble the drain went to 21 instead of 61. Doh. Thats a 66% nerf. So I think I'll have to go FBP cause energy siphon's CD got doubled. They aint givin us much choise.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-28-2010, 01:56 PM
Luepert,
Im a tac off in a sci recon ship. I cant go fbplll in that forth slot. Isnt it a sci officer perk. So that limits me in that slot even more. Maybe Photonic shockwave ll ? VMlll fully speced still just doesnt show any noticable results like it used to. I have noticed a little if you are real close and they have no sheilds the PS helps some?