Lt. Commander
# 1 Treaty of Algeron
05-29-2010, 05:07 AM
Why the Federation still cares about the Treaty of Algeron if we are at war with der Romulans?
Anyway, who cares about the Romulan's Neutral Zone and about developing a cloaking device for
federation ships? In times of war nobody cares! We are at war with everyone who doesn't belong to the Federation.
Can anybody in there tell me a logical reason for not developing a cloaking device?
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-29-2010, 05:41 AM
quite simply CBS wouldnt allow it. They own everything that is trek and in a way its not a bad thing as it means anything like STO has to get approval with anything Star Trek related. Whats stopping me from getting an ip license and making a cr*p star trek game ? also what happens if both feds and klinks and romulans have cloaks ? you could be sat in a pvp match all day before someone de cloaks. I know people want cloaks for fed ships and yeah the galaxy x might get it and the defiant might but as for any other ship type ? forget it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-29-2010, 07:47 AM
Because we aren't at war with the RSE. The Romulans fighting us right now are splinter factions. Granted, if you're travelling in green space, the RSE might be responding to such invasion, but yeah... it's our own damn fault for being in their territory.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-29-2010, 08:11 AM
The 'Splinter faction' excuse has been used by the RSE for far too long...

... I say we nuke the RSE from orbit, its the only way to be sure.

...and outfit cloaking devices on every single Federation starship
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-29-2010, 08:23 AM
It's Gene Roddenberry's utopian future vision where mankind is altruistic to a fault. Which therefore will never happen. Look at the mirror universe for a more accurate depiction of a future civilization heh.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-29-2010, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidNuetronium
It's Gene Roddenberry's utopian future vision where mankind is altruistic to a fault. Which therefore will never happen. Look at the mirror universe for a more accurate depiction of a future civilization heh.
"The universe is bound in equal parts by arrogance and altruism.
Any attempt to alter this would be suicide."

-- Dr. Walter Giles, "The Value of Value", CY 11543

"The universe is perfect.
You cannot improve it.
If you try to change it,
you will ruin it.
If you try to hold it,
you will lose it."

Notes to Odo Chan,
CY 9191