Lt. Commander
# 11
05-16-2010, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by F-Prime
Ok thanks. So it sounds like it's more like my scenario 1.
Any comparison btwn the two? Is the bank going to be 10-15% more effective, or more like 50-75% more?

I have heard about that bug too. Hopefully it'll be fixed soon. The ensign tactical skills don't offer a lot of choices.
Why is this still a bug if it was know over a month ago?
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-16-2010, 04:10 PM
If you mouse over your weapons while you have B Overload engaged it should give you the dmg amount. The Dual Beam bank will do more damage... the real trick is to get it to crit with Attack pattern omega or Alpha. I have hit 67k with Beam Overload III.... the bug is the only issue.
I know the TSS toy seams to be what everyone is doing now.... but nothing annoys a PvP victim more then a one shot from the dual beam bank. (I have one shot someone in PvP... and plenty of shots that almost where)
As annoying as the bug is I am shocked more people don't use it in PvP... who needs TSS shields when you can simply melt them and half the hull in one shot.
Lt. Commander
# 13 One shot kill vs the price
05-28-2010, 04:07 PM
Has it occurred to anyone that it's not a bug at all? What if the weapon being fried for the rest of the match (or til you die and respawn) is the price you pay for being able to one shot somebody in pvp? Even so, beam overload essentially makes rapid fire seem pretty weak by comparison...
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-30-2010, 04:02 AM
Quote:
Why is this still a bug if it was know over a month ago?
Apparantly the fix isn't easy to fix. And it might be in longer than a month. But it seems it is fixed now in the latest Tribble build, IIRC.

Quote:
Has it occurred to anyone that it's not a bug at all? What if the weapon being fried for the rest of the match (or til you die and respawn) is the price you pay for being able to one shot somebody in pvp? Even so, beam overload essentially makes rapid fire seem pretty weak by comparison...
1) It was stated as a bug.
2) If it was not a bug but intentionally, it would be a badly designed feature. Simply said, Beam Overload is not that good to justify sacrificing a weapon slot to it for an entire match.