Lt. Commander
# 141
05-31-2010, 11:02 PM
As others have said, this controversy is addressed in the novel, and in a way that was particularly well-written. You are making assumptions about who did what to whom, and about the nature of Data's resurrection. I made those same assumptions myself, and was delighted to see that I was wrong.

Please read the novel, or at least find out the events that transpired, and the open possibilities that remain as a result of them, before passing judgement. I was glad I did.
Lt. Commander
# 142
06-01-2010, 12:25 AM
First off, NONE OF THIS IS CANON.

Secondly: Its spelled canon... not cannon

STO isn't canon, B-4 becoming Data isn't canon, and all of the ST books are not canon.

So before anyone goes off about the canonical nature of "Data's resurrection", remember none of this is canon.

On a side note, Data dying was the one thing in all of Star Trek that ****ed me off, when I read that Data was resurrected, I was ecstatic, Data is my favorite Star Trek character and he deserves better then to die.
Lt. Commander
# 143
06-01-2010, 12:38 AM
Datas Memory was in B4 so that B4 will become a new [not reborn 1:1] Data and it is canon for me!

And since the Movies play now in a new miror Universe the books or STO are canon.
Lt. Commander
# 144
06-01-2010, 04:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by champion1701 View Post
First off, NONE OF THIS IS CANON.

Secondly: Its spelled canon... not cannon

STO isn't canon, B-4 becoming Data isn't canon, and all of the ST books are not canon.

So before anyone goes off about the canonical nature of "Data's resurrection", remember none of this is canon.

On a side note, Data dying was the one thing in all of Star Trek that ****ed me off, when I read that Data was resurrected, I was ecstatic, Data is my favorite Star Trek character and he deserves better then to die.
canon (noun) - a. A group of literary works that are generally accepted as representing a field: "the durable canon of American short fiction" (William Styron).
b. The works of a writer that have been accepted as authentic: the entire Shakespeare canon.

cannon (noun) - a. A large mounted weapon that fires heavy projectiles. Cannon include guns, howitzers, and mortars.

Dictionary used: http://www.thefreedictionary.com.

Just sayin...
Lt. Commander
# 145 canon... not cannon
06-01-2010, 06:36 AM
Of all the things to complain about. The fact someone spelling is not perfect. Stigmatism and Dyslexia more common then you think.
Lt. Commander
# 146
06-02-2010, 10:12 AM
When are they going to update "The Path to 2409"? It's been stuck at 2390 for months now. I would think this is something that wouldn't take a lot of Cryptic's resources to complete, but it's just another example of how unfinished this game is.
Lt. Commander
# 147
06-02-2010, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMN
When are they going to update "The Path to 2409"? It's been stuck at 2390 for months now. I would think this is something that wouldn't take a lot of Cryptic's resources to complete, but it's just another example of how unfinished this game is.
There are additions entries of...whoa even more entires that I looked this weekend. It's up to 2405 now.
Lt. Commander
# 148
10-03-2011, 11:04 PM