Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
05-31-2010, 04:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodedSandman
Thanks for you reply Edgecase. I checked everything on my side, file check OK, ping 111 ms from my 100 Mbits fiber connection, no real problems when checking with nettest (+400KB/sec on ever port).

My PC's performance should be OK, AMD Phenom II X4 3.2 GHz processor, ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB.

There must be some other reasons for these "Unknown entity" and "unknown abilities" in combat log, any suggestions?
Well...it is a secret, but..i tell you... if your on the loosing side, an alarm goes off in the Dev's office and somebody jumps in the game with a cloaked ship and helps the loosing side.. it is rumored that it is a new type of Fed/Klingon ship that can cloak AND fire while cloaked.... really, it is true !
They are testing it either for: A: Romulan faction to totally screw the balance, or B: Buy it in C-store, to be bought with your soul !

Serious, i have seen that Unknown Entity many times also and i have no idea what it is...
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-31-2010, 06:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgecase View Post
This means your client can't identify the source of the damage for some reason. It occurs sometimes due to lag (somebody decloaked and shot you, but your computer doesn't know where the damage is coming from yet). If you're seeing it consistently, I'd suggest trying a file check (through the launcher) to see if it's something in that department. If that doesn't work, head over to the tech support forums, because this should be a rare occurrence.
I'd put my energy credits on this or something like it. With the way the servers seem to fluctuate its not hard to believe that you hit a spike or they did even with your file check being fine. I've seen it a number of times myself, sometimes it's just a blank instead of a name, weird things like that.
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-31-2010, 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodedSandman
Thanks for you reply Edgecase. I checked everything on my side, file check OK, ping 111 ms from my 100 Mbits fiber connection, no real problems when checking with nettest (+400KB/sec on ever port).

My PC's performance should be OK, AMD Phenom II X4 3.2 GHz processor, ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB.

There must be some other reasons for these "Unknown entity" and "unknown abilities" in combat log, any suggestions?
Someone with mask sensor or any skill of that kind. I think.

Your conection and pc are far to be a problem or part of it.
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-01-2010, 06:39 AM
"Unknown ability" shows up all the time.

It has something to do with dropped info between client and server.