Lt. Commander
# 1 Ker'rat skirmish
05-31-2010, 11:22 AM
I don't know if there has been a thread made for this yet, but I'm not going through all of those pages trying to find it. I have submitted a bug report at least three times on the problems with this mission, and still nothing has happened. There have been several patches since my first bug report, and still nothing. I actually kind of liked this mission, but there is no excuse for these bugs still being here.

The biggest problem is that the borg ships are inside of the nodes that you have to scan. I can see them, and I can even target them, but I cannot shoot them or attack them at all except for a torpedo spread that doesn't do any damage. They can shoot us and cause damage to us, but we cannot cause any damage at all to them.

The next problem that I've noticed, is that Federation players will sometimes respawn on the enemy team and will be working with the Klingons. I have respawned to find myself on the enemy team right in the middle of my former allies.

What bothers me the most, is that the issue is largely being ignored by the developers. While it is not impossible for the mission to be completed, this is an issue that should have been fixed long ago. Maybe if I post it here on the forums where more people can respond to it, they will take notice and fix it.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-31-2010, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19Delta30
I don't know if there has been a thread made for this yet, but I'm not going through all of those pages trying to find it. I have submitted a bug report at least three times on the problems with this mission, and still nothing has happened. There have been several patches since my first bug report, and still nothing. I actually kind of liked this mission, but there is no excuse for these bugs still being here.
A billion bug reports and just as many forum posts have been made about this... So you're right

Quote:
The biggest problem is that the borg ships are inside of the nodes that you have to scan. I can see them, and I can even target them, but I cannot shoot them or attack them at all except for a torpedo spread that doesn't do any damage. They can shoot us and cause damage to us, but we cannot cause any damage at all to them.
They Know

Quote:
The next problem that I've noticed, is that Federation players will sometimes respawn on the enemy team and will be working with the Klingons. I have respawned to find myself on the enemy team right in the middle of my former allies.
They Know this too

Quote:
What bothers me the most, is that the issue is largely being ignored by the developers. While it is not impossible for the mission to be completed, this is an issue that should have been fixed long ago. Maybe if I post it here on the forums where more people can respond to it, they will take notice and fix it.
Yes... should have been fixed long ago BUT: I do this mission on a daily basis, and have no issues with completing it (althoug i have to avoid some notes)... They don't ignore it, they just don't prioritize it as much
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-31-2010, 09:45 PM
I guess you could call me a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to something like this. I feel like if there is something wrong with the material, then it should be fixed. There is really no excuse for a bug like this still being in the game after so many patches have been released.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-31-2010, 09:57 PM
I did'n really say there was, and it was not my intend to emply that it was.

For the matter of argument thoug, i would like to point out that there have been bugs that have been much more urgent to fix.
There was the bug with the firecaves where most of us couldn get our bridge crew to follow us (essencially leaving us alone to fight hordes of cardassians) or similar issues, but now that thoose have gone, it might be time to take a look on the more... weard bugs such as Ker'Rat (as mentioned here), Objects and samples appearing below the ground and so on and so on...

Basically what im trying to say is: Cryptic has fortunally tried to fix the Major showstoppers first (as it should be), but now that thoose are mostly gone, it may be time to look at the show halters... Thoose that don't really stop you from completing the missions, but make it a little more troubblesome than they are supposed to.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-01-2010, 02:23 AM
Yesterday, a QA (Zero?) was in TTS chat, and people brought up Ker'rat, too. I hope adding this as an additional angle might help to give it a higher priority. (But since we have had no ETAs before, a little sooner could still be months. )
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-01-2010, 02:53 AM
Pff, you think that's bad? They can't even get the names consistent! Is it "Ker'rat", as it is labelled in Sector Space? Or is it "Kerrat", as it is named when in the instance itself?
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-01-2010, 06:43 AM
Quote:
Pff, you think that's bad? They can't even get the names consistent! Is it "Ker'rat", as it is labelled in Sector Space? Or is it "Kerrat", as it is named when in the instance itself?
Depends on your definition for "bad". Misspelling is a pretty basic mistake to make, but it's not as frustrating as having enemy ships attacking you from inside objects with no way to shoot back at them...