????
Lt. Commander
# 72
05-29-2010, 01:40 AM
Let's Do This.
Lt. Commander
# 73
05-29-2010, 02:48 AM
I really like PvP, been a pug most of the time. I feel that it has taught me how to play the game.
Lt. Commander
# 74
05-30-2010, 09:21 AM
Yeah yeah.... busy of late.
Lt. Commander
# 75
05-30-2010, 02:33 PM
I'm still here...kinda new to forums but PVPing for a loooong time...mainly ground but now space more as ground is really dying out

-Lori
Lt. Commander
# 76
05-30-2010, 11:38 PM
Hi everyone.

My only character is a Fed named Aeriwen. I'm still on the first 30 days that comes with the game. I have an RA2 engineer/star cruiser and I love it. (Shout to faithborn for your guides, They've given my a lot of ideas for my character.) I love PvP, I started playing PvP in SWG (pre-CU rifleman) and really started to love it with my 80 rogue (Which I still have.) in WoW.

I'm looking forward to the patch slowing down the game so that alpha isn't so big a deal. The healing/damage ratio is really off IMO. You shouldn't have to kill all your targets before RPS wears off. I really loved the earlier tiers like LtCom, and I hope thats the model the devs try and impliment for all tiers. WoW had a simial alpha problem for a while and pvp was "10 times) better after they nerfed damage.

Right now, I hope the upcoming patch drops before my month expires so that I can see if I want to stay. I like STO, but idk that they can put out content fast enough to keep my occupied, since I'm not really a fan of grinds/leveling/alts. So, if the pvp doesn't get better I don't see that there's a reason to stay around.

Oh and, I don't mean to boohoo either. The game is fun, I just think it can better IMO. I've played a lot of MMOs and know the devs listen, so I'm patient to an extent. I don't expect perfection.

Hope to see you guys in game.

P.S. Oh, and I love the fact that you can talk to the opposite faction in this game. I've have the most fun chatting in pvp with opponents and teammates about strats and ability combos and random topics. oh and the "gg" is priceless.
Lt. Commander
# 77
05-31-2010, 01:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalmatrix View Post
Hi everyone.

My only character is a Fed named Aeriwen. I'm still on the first 30 days that comes with the game. I have an RA2 engineer/star cruiser and I love it. (Shout to faithborn for your guides, They've given my a lot of ideas for my character.) I love PvP, I started playing PvP in SWG (pre-CU rifleman) and really started to love it with my 80 rogue (Which I still have.) in WoW.
tyvm, I'm actually working on a version 2.0 to cover the new balance changes.
Lt. Commander
# 78
05-31-2010, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DracheJager
...To all those I faced, thank you for taking the time to PvP. To all those who gave a GG, win or lose at the end of every match, much thanks for your sportsmanship. For all those who whined, called me a hacker, and simply couldn't wrap your heads around buff and debuff stacking, I say give it time, you'll learn or (most likely) they'll dummy it down so much you won't have to...
/QFT

Sorry to see a classy player like DracheJager go. >salutes<

On the lighter side, the back-n-forth between Kidleys, Wolf and the Archchancellor literally have me LMAO!!!

"Great singers who deserve to die? Get 'im!!" LOL!!!

LOL!

Ahem.... Fed RA5 Havelock Vetinari, at your service. Captain of the USS Narsil, Assault Cruiser. Tac officer. I don't do ground PvP, but in space I mostly go for the DPS with a side of turtle and team support. As with IncludlingTheKidleys this is my first MMO. Frankly, I never even knew PvP existed or what to do with it until my first RA daily sent me there. Boy was I surprised. I enjoy it mostly, but think some of the Cap'n'Hold matches take too long for to often my Time-is-limited-today-need-to-finish-my-Dailies mentality (the new Tribble build disturbs me in that matches are going to take longer?!?). Also PUGs get annoying (Any suggestions to someone who doesn't have any real-world friends who play STO on how to assemble a premade team (for either PvP or STFs for that matter)? Oh, and my current experience with Fleets is that they are just larger/persistant PUGs).

Anywho... I think I do better than most of the mob because I have a (I think) well spec'd ship/crew. I've had to respec several times (I lost count, but I think it's like six... And yeah, I spent a few CPs, but did mostly through merits), but I really like my build now. I've tried to squeeze out every ounce of effectiveness and DPS I can out of the skill cap. Heh. I'm all about the tech, the mechanics, the numbers. There are days I die a lot, but in most matches, my point ratio is usually in my favor. I don't say this to brag (ok, maybe a little), rather to point out that even a n00b can do well if they pay attention to things like game mechanics/formulas, the match's rules, the pros/cons of their particular ship/character, playing for the team, maybe read a forum/wiki once in a while, etc.

If only there were some way to track our career points/defeats, damage/heals, wins/loses... that would be cool.

P.S. Yeah, and another prop to faithborn's guides. Thanks!

P.P.S. FWIW, I do enjoy PVE quite a bit.
Lt. Commander
# 79
06-01-2010, 04:53 PM
Play both sides...because they play differently...75/25 split PvP to PvE playing time...Look forward to each and every new patch, just to see what we will have to deal with next...Currently, only MMO I am playing at the moment...Let EQ and PotBS go dormant...Like STO alot, even with the issues...Hang out in Drozana Station if I need some down time or just to get a few laughs.