Lt. Commander
# 1 Question ???
05-31-2010, 10:42 AM
Maybe someone is able to anser this.

When I was ordering new close to the officers I found a button with voice ?

What does this button do or what is it for ????

I could not use it or do annything with it but I just would like to know ...????
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-01-2010, 09:55 AM
During beta, there was limited NPC voice interaction, including your BOffs.

It wasn't very good.

The feature has been disabled; Cryptic devs have said that they want to take a look at improving it at some point in the future, so the option hasn't been removed entirely.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-01-2010, 05:31 PM
I sure hope they do that.

Voice overs would further the immersion into the game.

These anoying pop up windows with walls of text really go on my nerves. I don't mind reading a book from time to time but having to read through all the missions gets frustrating.

Even if they do get voice overs into the game I hope it will be better than the emergency hologram from the tuturial. Now that was bad acting.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-01-2010, 09:53 PM
lol, that was probably the only professional actor in the entire game, the EMH was played by Zachary Quinto (you might know him as Syler, or the new movie's Spock)
most likely we'll keep those big pop up windows even after they redo the voice overs, it's still really the only good way to tell you the objective, I mean would you rather have to sit there listening to a 2 minute monologue everytime you start a mission so that you know what you're supposed to do?
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-02-2010, 04:23 AM
Well Zachary Quinto was bad imo as the EMH even if he is a professional actor.

I rather have an actual briefing with all my Bridge Officers in the briefing Lounge with some professional voice acting instead of these pop up windows.

There is also a thread somewhere on this forum regarding this.