Lt. Commander
# 1 Ground Resource Battle?
05-30-2010, 04:42 AM
So I was flying around the klingon sector looking at the various systems and I came across the Qay'ghun System that was a "Ground War Zone."

Now I did the Space War Zone with the borg that was a pvp match. When I went into the Ground War Zone it was just me and one other klingon and we wiped the floor with the borg. Not a fed in sight.

Now granted I am LTC8 so maybe there were no feds logged on, but does anyone know if the Ground War Zone is pvp like the space war zone, or is it another fleet action?

Just wondering is all.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-30-2010, 09:27 AM
Yes, it is.

The problem is: The Fed NPC giving the warzone missions only tells them to go to Ker'rat. It is very likely a big part of the Fed population has no idea that warzone exists or counts for warzone daily/missions.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-30-2010, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArievDhien
Yes, it is.

The problem is: The Fed NPC giving the warzone missions only tells them to go to Ker'rat. It is very likely a big part of the Fed population has no idea that warzone exists or counts for warzone daily/missions.
I read every mission info screen, I've completed every story mission, I've brought characters to RA5 and BG5... how on earth did I miss this?

Doh!
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-30-2010, 12:07 PM
Probably because you play a Klingon. Klingons get the message to go to either system. I'm not sure how to report it, since its technically not a bug, just missing info. But here's a link to the other topic, maybe getting the word out on Fed side will help to get more players to the map. Its a valid alternative to the bugzone in Ker'rat.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-30-2010, 04:29 PM
I just want to clarify. There are 4 war zones:
- Ker'rat: FvK(?) space
- Otha: FvK(?) ground
- Qay'ghun: klingon-only ground
- N'Vak: klingon-only space

Is that right?
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-01-2010, 03:53 AM
Yeah, but 2 are Klingon only, so its no surprise you never see Fed players there. The goals are the same tho, means in both space zones, you scan 8 nodes and kill 4 hubs, and in both ground zones, you rescue 5 dudes and upload virus 4 times. The only difference is that 2 are FvK and 2 are KvK. (Though I've never met a hostile Klingon in those...)
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-01-2010, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArievDhien
Yeah, but 2 are Klingon only, so its no surprise you never see Fed players there. The goals are the same tho, means in both space zones, you scan 8 nodes and kill 4 hubs, and in both ground zones, you rescue 5 dudes and upload virus 4 times. The only difference is that 2 are FvK and 2 are KvK. (Though I've never met a hostile Klingon in those...)
I saw a Fed in Otha yesterday, but she beamed out right after I got there. It makes for a nice change of pace, but it would be a lot more fun with more people there.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-02-2010, 06:05 AM
Yeah, it would. Its already refreshing enough to see the Borg not stuck in the officers you have to beam out, but it would be more fun if there was anyone else except the Borg. My play times are quite unthankful; I barely get PvP in general because few players are on. And most are balled up in Ker'rat, freaking about the bugs.