Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Lt. Commander
# 11
06-02-2010, 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Combadge
...You might want to add a Battlecruiser and Carriers field.
Ask and ye shall receive. STO Power Calculator 2.0 is in final prep and it includes rich and creamy Klingony-goodness (uh, wait, maybe I'm confusing the Klings with Twinkies... Hmmm...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acilies
...Again, nice work Patrician...
I really appreciate your suggestions and bumps/sicky signature votes. Heh. I'll see what I can do about communicating with an admin. I completely re-wrote the opening post. I'm now concerned it's too much info . I also updated the calculator, adding Klingon ships by request, added some comments, and I think spruced it up a bit to make it easier to read. I welcome your thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Calidor View Post
Wow, I had no idea Efficient Saurian BOs increase the power levels only by 1, and not even all 4 of them... Thx for making it so transparent, PatricianVetinari.
Transparency is a key to making good decisions! Efficiencies traits (either captain or BO) help the Efficiency skills, and those only help powers at or below 75, closer to 25 the more effective. So in Attack Mode, with Weapons being at 100, they get zero. Shields at 50, actually did get 0.45 points, which isn't displayed. But the two preset at 25 get about 0.8 each, enough to push each up a full point on the display. So yeah, they aren't much help.

---

I changed my first post, but thought I should keep the original for historical purposes. So here's my thread starter as it was when originally posted 05/06/10 at 5:24p (PDT):
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
I made an Excel spreadsheet that will let you tinker with your ship's power settings based on your traits, skills, etc. Props go to Binkenstein, Kiala, and Tiran_Diaz for their research, maths, and posting Power info. I didn't make any of the base formula for determining the power levels, I just put it together and designed the spreadsheet in an (I think) easy to use/dynamic format. Just fill in the green fields on the first page with your own character's current stats, or what you'd like their stats to be, and you can see how it will affect your ship's power levels.

I have plugged my two characters' stats into the sheet and it matches perfectly. After tinkering with settings, I plan to respec my RA5. And now I have a road map for how to spec my Cmdr1 toon. You can see them as samples in the sheet (bottom tabs).

>old link removed from quote<

Let me know what you think.