Lt. Commander
# 1 Cannot play due to freeze
06-02-2010, 06:32 PM
Hey guys, I think the problem my be my graphics card but I wanted to run this by you guys to make sure it's not something I can adjust.

I downloaded the demo to give the game a whirl before I bought it. I was concerned that I may not have the graphic card I needed but didn't really think it would be a big deal as my computer can handle some rather detailed games.

I notice in character creation that the graphics are rather crude. I went through and enjoyed creating my character (it is pretty awesome) and was ready to start. I wasnt worried about fuzzy graphics. I just wanted to play a little bit. Well, as soon as the loading screen ends the game freezes. I think Im on the starbase but theres nothing, no movement or anything. Just music. I have to start task manager to shut the game down.

Is this a common issue and something I can fix or a problem with the demo, or is it just my graphics card?
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-11-2010, 10:29 AM
i don't think thats your graphics card, its more like a bad install of the game. don't you get an error box/popup ?

you start at a base, normaly there npc's around but there just for decoration there ^^, there is a door / elevator you have to step true, if game not freez on you yet try to use that door you might get past the error or what ever thats freezing your game.