Lt. Commander
# 11
06-03-2010, 04:57 PM
I'm not gonna lie, Active healing is hard and alot of people simply aren't cut out for it. It has very little reward compared to doing the dps (after all, who DOESN'T wanna be captain kirk). It is however necessary to win, and that is why I applaud anyone that heals.
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-03-2010, 04:59 PM
Oh, and though it's been all space binds, this is one of my favorite binds for ground stuff:

/bind e "Target_Enemy_Next_Exposed $$ +TrayExecByTray 0 1"

That will target the closest enemy in an exposed state and fire your exploit attack. Very useful in ground combat.
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-03-2010, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
I'm not gonna lie, Active healing is hard and alot of people simply aren't cut out for it. It has very little reward compared to doing the dps (after all, who DOESN'T wanna be captain kirk). It is however necessary to win, and that is why I applaud anyone that heals.
I hate that other than the mad love and affection, there is little show show for extend shields. I do it alot, and sadly the end game stats make me wonder why am I bothering, though I know it's helping.
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-03-2010, 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambience View Post
Oh, and though it's been all space binds, this is one of my favorite binds for ground stuff:

That will target the closest enemy in an exposed state and fire your exploit attack. Very useful in ground combat.
Thats an awesome one too, ty
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-03-2010, 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambience View Post

You know thats funny I had Q bound to next exposted and e to switch weapons... damn why not just put the exploit shot in the bind.... thank you, so simple perfect.
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-04-2010, 03:55 PM
i tried to do some key bindings but i have a strange problem :
my keybindings :
(row 5, keys 1, 2 and 3)
/Bind - "+trayexecbytray 4 0 $$ +trayexecbytray 4 1 $$ +trayexecbytray 4 2"

(row 5, keys 5, 6, 7 and 8)
/Bind Equals "+trayexecbytray 4 4 $$ +trayexecbytray 4 5 $$ +trayexecbytray 4 6 $$ +trayexecbytray 4 7"

(i use it to free some space on the first 3 rows.. having a carrier all 3 rows are full ^^)

if i hit the - key, only key 1 and 3 are launched
if i hit the Equal key, only key 5 and 8 are launched

any opinion plz ?
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-04-2010, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwiran View Post
i tried to do some key bindings but i have a strange problem :
my keybindings :
(row 5, keys 1, 2 and 3)

/Bind Equals "+trayexecbytray 4 4 $$ +trayexecbytray 4 5 $$ +trayexecbytray 4 6 $$ +trayexecbytray 4 7"

(i use it to free some space on the first 3 rows.. having a carrier all 3 rows are full ^^)

if i hit the - key, only key 1 and 3 are launched
if i hit the Equal key, only key 5 and 8 are launched

any opinion plz ?
Hmm, offhand it looks ok. What are the powers referenced by those tray locations? Maybe they have common cooldowns?
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-04-2010, 04:37 PM
(row 5, keys 1, 2 and 3)
=> emergency power to shield + hazard emitter + EPS

=> emergency power to shield + hazard emitter + Nadion inversion + rotate shield freq

for each binding no cooldown is shared (i have 2 hazard emitters and 2 emergency power to shield on my engineer)
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-04-2010, 04:39 PM
Yeah, it's probably the brief shared cooldown. E.g. if I bind a key to execute Attack Pattern Beta then Attack Pattern Alpha, it will do Beta and queue Alpha for half a second or so, then load Alpha properly. If I interrupt it by pressing another button, Alpha doesn't load at all.
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-04-2010, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwiran View Post
(row 5, keys 1, 2 and 3)
=> emergency power to shield + hazard emitter + EPS

=> emergency power to shield + hazard emitter + Nadion inversion + rotate shield freq

for each binding no cooldown is shared (i have 2 hazard emitters and 2 emergency power to shield on my engineer)
No, there's a brief "cooldown" on most abilities (half a second), meaning you can't load most abilities simultaneously. If you activate EPtS and then immediately activate HE, it will begin to activate EPtS (which takes 0.5 seconds to "charge", as per the tooltip), and put HE onto a queue. However, the queue can only hold 1 ability; you can't queue more than 1 ability at a time. If you activate a third ability while EPtS is on it's 0.5 second charge time, it will remove the 2nd ability from the queue and replace it with the 3rd ability.

So what's happening with your bind is this:
1. EPtS starts to charge (start the 0.5 second timer)
2. HE goes on the queue immediately (no time has elapsed, as all actions in a bind are executed with no delay in between)
3. HE gets removed from the queue and Nadion Inversion goes on the queue (again, no time has elapsed yet)
4. NI gets removed from the queue and RSF gets put on the queue (again, no time elapsed yet)
5. 0.5 seconds later, EPtS finishes its 0.5s charge, and RSF gets loaded (subject to a 0.5 second charge time)

That's why only your first and last abilities get loaded -- there's a 0.5s charge time on your abilities, and only 1 ability can be queued at any one time.
Closed Thread