Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
06-04-2010, 03:05 PM
I'll probably get a lot of hate for this, but I don't really see what the big deal is. The Galaxy-X shouldn't even be in the game. It was from an alternate future that likely was never going to happen anyway as it was all made up by Q in an effort to teach Picard something about himself and humanity. Personally I'd rather not see it in the game, but I know a lot of people like it and I think that is fine if it is, but I really don't see the big deal about it. Especially the people saying that it always should have been in the game. I'll buy that argument for actual true to the timeline ships ike the Excelsior and Nebula and New Orleans and Oberth, etc..., but not for the Galaxy-X.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
06-04-2010, 03:14 PM
The amount of people that have said openly they are going to buy their way to it is alarmingly high so your gonna be hunting quite a bit and without open pvp or an EVE Online Death Penalty it is ultimately pointless.

If you want to boycott Galaxy-X pilots

A) Dont accept them into your fleets
B) Dont accept them into your teams
C) Make the primary target in PVP
D) Dont help Galaxy-X pilots
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
06-05-2010, 12:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Sheridan
The amount of people that have said openly they are going to buy their way to it is alarmingly high so your gonna be hunting quite a bit and without open pvp or an EVE Online Death Penalty it is ultimately pointless.

If you want to boycott Galaxy-X pilots

A) Dont accept them into your fleets
B) Dont accept them into your teams
C) Make the primary target in PVP
D) Dont help Galaxy-X pilots
I loled at that, acting like a little child about virtual stuff... the galaxy-x will be as usefull as the TOS connie...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
06-05-2010, 03:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornet331 View Post
I loled at that, acting like a little child about virtual stuff... the galaxy-x will be as usefull as the TOS connie...
Heh, yeah. That was funny.

BTW donīt count her out too soon. Depending on what Cryptic ends up doing she may become even a T5 ship?
Or maybe they will allow upgrading the current T4 ships to T5 (T6 even?) .

At least making her put a dev on fixing the Galaxy model in general. Always a good thing.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
06-05-2010, 04:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruivo
If i find anyone buying the game 5 times and 5 60 days cards i'll hunt you down, rip you head off and shove it down your throat.

This Galaxy-X fiasco should be boycotted. So they decided to make a hugely popular canon ship that hard to get? Shame on you cryptic. It should have been on the game by default, or at least buyable at the C-Store.

as long they offer such "buddy programms" I wouldn't refer it to anyone... so its up to them
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
06-05-2010, 04:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarianDrakon View Post
The Galaxy-X shouldn't even be in the game. It was from an alternate future that likely was never going to happen anyway as it was all made up by Q in an effort to teach Picard something about himself and humanity. Personally I'd rather not see it in the game, but I know a lot of people like it and I think that is fine if it is, but I really don't see the big deal about it. Especially the people saying that it always should have been in the game. I'll buy that argument for actual true to the timeline ships ike the Excelsior and Nebula and New Orleans and Oberth, etc..., but not for the Galaxy-X.
Q didn't make it up. It was an actual timeline he let Picard create by letting him jump through three time periods. A lot of the things from that future were reused. The uniforms were used in a future DS9 episode and the Voyager finale Endgame, we have the Olympic-class (remember the USS Pasteur?) already in the game. And Picard telling his officers how that specific timeline would end up (leading Worf to stop his relationship with Troi) and losing the Enterprise to the Duras sisters may have changed the timeline in some way, but it didn't keep the uniform designers in other timelines to create this uniform. Why should it keep engineers from refitting the Galaxy-class that way? It ripped apart two Negh'Vars within seconds.

And to those who want to boycott players with the Galaxy-X. Shame on you! I probably will never get it, and I won't put much effort into it because I prefer escorts, but what the heck is wrong with the Galaxy-X? If it gets a cloak that's Cryptic's screw-up (sorry, guys, but either the treaty of Algeron is in effect or it isn't, the Federation can't have cloaking ships flying around and claim that those are from an alternate timeline) but not the fault of those who like the ship. If people bought 5 copies of the game for it that's their problem not yours. Did you boycott those people who tried to get all pre-order extras too?
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:00 AM.