Lt. Commander
# 11
06-02-2010, 04:47 AM
We have used this strategy each time we've been in combat with her, and have a good sucess rate with it:

Meele her... Keep Meeling her... Don't let her get away from you and keep meeling her. She seems to not use energy weapons if you keep her occupied.

Preferably you should have 2 tacs meele her at all times, a Medic healing you all and one using 2xExploit weapons (as the tacs will make a Expose with meeling).

In fact i've onced meeled her all the way throug from 75% to 0%, only using my riflebutt and PLENTY of [Large Hypo]. My team was killed off once we had drained her to 75% and i was just knocking her with my rifle-butt on my [Tetryon Sniper Rifle].
But this may only be possible if you have [Tribble of Borg], and the [Pollyalloy Weave Armor] that applies extra health bonus.
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-02-2010, 05:17 AM
Another option - if you have a good Eng handy. I did this last evening twice, and it is really effective.

Aggro her until Rebecca comes over to play on the side platform. Best is the one to the immediate right as you go through the door. (Should be the last one you drop the forcefield on) When she fights with you, she tends to move around. When she gets over you or even better, flys behind you - use the cover shield to pin her to the wall.

Then you and your merry group can have your way with her. If you are the last one standing - it would also give you a chance to go res a couple of your teammates. I have come close to solo'ing her down this way. Beza - very good tac officer - beat her from near 90% to zero - with me holding her on the wall. Beza just beat the tar outta her - I supported Beza, kept the shield, fuse armour and weps malfunction going.

If you are grouped together on the last platform, and have more than one Eng. type - they can use the cover shields to help defend the group - giving everyone a good 'heal-up' spot.

Side note - pushing borg off the platforms with the force dome is a really fast way to clear one side.
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-02-2010, 05:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigBadWulf
Sorry but this is incorrect, we tested the "do not fire" strategy and her blue circle AoE decimated us and nobody lifted a finger
Same here. We've tried this about a dozen times and even if you do nothing once you are hit with her blue beam of doom, you still wipe the team. Very poorly designed encounter IMO. 1 shot insta kills are a lack of design imagination.
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-02-2010, 06:50 AM
The blue circle is a marker used by Rebecca simmons...

She will try to shoot the person with this blue circle which in turn cause an anti-proton compression blast that radiates to all team mates in line of sight(LoS) with that marked person. Think about 20m radius.

The blue circle will dissipate eventually if you break LoS from her(aka she did not shoot you), or you hide enough and break your LoS with your team mates(You won't suffer the effect of the blast as the circle center, but take damage from her standard attack).

Normal way to fight her is either to use the five borg alcoves on the east wall or split team into the various corners of the rooms(especially at the platform at the south wall SW or SE corners, the generators at the corners also give LoS block). The side walls of the alcoves breaks LoS between team mates.

Abnormal way is to try to glitch the AI movement and targeting. E.g She targets someone that has respawned and ignores the rest of the team inside the room or she can't target a person and went into stupid mode trying to get into "position" to shoot the person who's supposed to be blue ringed (blocked by some obstacle like wall, covershield or forcefield dome).

Optimal way... Well equipped team with large hypo/powercell, weaponry, and armory. Able to kill her fast enough so she can't do much damage by stacking debuffs and buffing up. Usually very experienced groups(all "purpled" up and efficient use of ground battle skills) can do this real fast. For PUG, random... Some don't even bring small hypos/powercells/shields or even invest in ground skills( both team based as well as individual, I remember a PUG with 3 tacs and none of them provided strike team bonus and 1 even proudly proclaim he has no ground skills...).
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-02-2010, 09:46 AM
Cover shield helps to. Have your engineer deploy one for people to duck behind when they get the blue target just remember not to shoot or even if you duck behind it she will still hit you.
Also make sure you gather on the near right platform. When the queen comes out borg will respawn all around the room. This platform keeps the agro down to a minimum.
An alternate method is to have one person on each platform. Keep you platform free of respawns and help tank the queen whenever she is in range. This keeps the others out of range if you get hit by her AOE attack. Just be sure to have plenty of hypos and power cells handy.
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-05-2010, 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RStoney View Post
Another option - if you have a good Eng handy. I did this last evening twice, and it is really effective.

Aggro her until Rebecca comes over to play on the side platform. Best is the one to the immediate right as you go through the door. (Should be the last one you drop the forcefield on) When she fights with you, she tends to move around. When she gets over you or even better, flys behind you - use the cover shield to pin her to the wall.

Then you and your merry group can have your way with her. If you are the last one standing - it would also give you a chance to go res a couple of your teammates. I have come close to solo'ing her down this way. Beza - very good tac officer - beat her from near 90% to zero - with me holding her on the wall. Beza just beat the tar outta her - I supported Beza, kept the shield, fuse armour and weps malfunction going.

If you are grouped together on the last platform, and have more than one Eng. type - they can use the cover shields to help defend the group - giving everyone a good 'heal-up' spot.

Side note - pushing borg off the platforms with the force dome is a really fast way to clear one side.
Yep enjoyed that tactic, 1 High Density beam rifle, 1 batleth and a cover shield and I could happily clear corner borg out in seconds on my engineer.

As for killing her we usually take 2 engineers go to her alcove and trap her in with covershields/forcefield domes while battering her to death with melee weapons.

Her alcove seems to be good for breaking los with your team mates as whoevers blue circled can duck back by the wall and not nuke the team.

Still want to try biofilter sweep on the blue circle targetting, but tricky when you're usually the medic and I'd only have 1 heal