Lt. Commander
# 1 Sponsor A New Item In C-Store?
06-05-2010, 01:21 PM
Hi all.
I was wondering if Cryptic offered a "Sponsor An Upcoming Feature in C-Store" would u participate?
If they get enough orders they can then draft in a new employee to do it.
For example: The Original Series Bridge.
Sponsors get it free while its made available to others on C-Store...
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-05-2010, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dublin_Raider View Post
Hi all.
I was wondering if Cryptic offered a "Sponsor An Upcoming Feature in C-Store" would u participate?
What do mean by sponsoring? Paying real money to cryptic in order for them to make the things we want. Then the answer would be no. I wouldn't want that.

If you however mean a poll than I am all for it If that is what it takes to finally get a true Sovereign-class bridge into the game.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-05-2010, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dublin_Raider View Post
Hi all.
I personally would not mind that. Realistically the people tasked with that are not the people doing bug, mission, and content up date. It would all be the artist... I especially would be ok with it if they hired a new person who did only that, though that would probably be impractical.

I can see where a lot of people might view it as unfair seeing as the amount of money they would probably want to "sponsor" an item would be large but more power to those who could swing it, just as long as it dose not interrupt or slow down the evolution of the key game issues.

Also... you could always have a company sponsor it then take a poll from the community base on several sites if you wanted to. Best of both worlds... lol or worse of I guess depending on how you look at it.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-05-2010, 01:34 PM
I dont believe that it would need "sponsors" for them to see that ORIGINAL Star Trek Stuff on the C-Store would be a good idea.

Honestly i thought that the C-Store would be full with Star Trek Replicas of Ships, original Uniforms and Items by now to leech our pockets dry (and hell would i buy this stuff!)
and that we get the ...*non canon* Cryptic-imagined Stuff for the Monthly Fee.

Well thats what i would do anyways....
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-05-2010, 02:53 PM
I think Cryptic's plate is full - I've seen quite a few posts saying the art team is 100% booked at the moment (especially with Season 2 on the horizon).
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-05-2010, 03:27 PM
Good thing that they're at 100%. Anything under that would be an absurd.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-05-2010, 04:52 PM
It would be interesting if players could commission various things to be made in the game and provide financial backing.

However, it would open up too many legal loopholes and really only serve a handful o people with deep pockets.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-05-2010, 05:39 PM
How about a properly scaled ST Generations Galaxy bridge...id pay alot for that!! or a console typing emote, and TOS communicator emote.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-05-2010, 05:55 PM
I will certainly not pay an art team that put dreadlocks on Klingons with no alternative option anything 'extra'. Why would I encourage *more* C-Store stuff if the existing items already have enough issues? Fix that first, then break your head about new things.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-05-2010, 06:01 PM
Expired comment