Lt. Commander
# 11
05-20-2010, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCSlyman View Post
OK, I'm an avid nitpicker. I'll pick apart anything. STO notwithstanding. So I'm starting this thread which I will be updating with all the nitpicks I find from here on out, dealing with missions... be it dialogue, equipment, "set" design... whatever. Any other nitpickers out there, feel free to chime in with your own.

To start of with, the following dialogue appears at the start of one exploration mission (System Psi Eridani 535):

"Captain, the Borg have been seen in this area. They're searching for artificats from their Third Dynasty, but they're disrupting several Federation-allied colonies in their search."

The Borg have dynasties? Even if they did, would they really be interested in artifacts from it? Seems like it would be technology they already have, therefore, a waste of resources searching for it. And by "disrupting", do you mean "assimilating"? Wouldn't this just be a distress call?

Seriously... can you not have an exclusion for certain races to be picked for these missions?

By the by, this mission also involves beaming down to a planet. This planet, is a gas giant. This is not the first time I've seen this by a long shot. Just to be clear, it's impossible even for ships to enter the atmosphere of a gas giant because of the crushing pressure, even moreso for fragile humanoids. Barring the fact that gas giants inherently are NOT nitrogen/oxygen atmospheres (being that, y'know, they were just stars that didn't have enough mass to spark nuclear fission).
Whenever I use engineering team it says ship is under attack, nope I'm just using that the see my stats buffed.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-21-2010, 11:25 PM
*dies laughing at the Borg stuff*

I may post this elsewhere as well, but what about Klingon PCs in missions where it would make a HUGE difference? the whole Miral Paris thread should have it making some difference (heck, the char might be UFP cause of her), and Tribble with Klingons... dear god. THAT SHOULD BE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT for Klingon chars. And the tribbles should all be screeching at the PC through the whole mission. Heck, my Klink might HELP them, if they found out what was going on. Geez...
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-24-2010, 09:46 AM
I also like the map where the terrain is Borgified and full of buildings...but we need to be careful to avoid the 'primitive' locals.
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-01-2010, 11:28 AM
I just had a nice little mission that started out on a standard "approach the planet" thing, stating that a science station had detected multiple unknown transporter signatures. Beamed down to the planet...

... for a probe scanning mission? Wait, what about the multiple transporter signatures? Oh, did I tape over the middle of an episode again?! I hate when I do that!
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-02-2010, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius
I also like the map where the terrain is Borgified and full of buildings...but we need to be careful to avoid the 'primitive' locals.
Yeah, that's a pretty funny one as well. kekekekeke.

Oh, with the Borg, don't forget them taking sides in civil wars! I got one just last night again where a planet undergoing a civil war was hailing and telling me that the Borg were supplying weapons to the rebels.

I'm like... 'yeah...'
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-05-2010, 06:50 PM
Oh, just for giggles... while this doesn't have anything to do specificly with an episode, as much as a game mechanic...

I always laugh when I watch an NPC medic resurrect someone I just vaporized.