Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
I belive that converting skill points into energy credits (with a 10x, 25x or even 100x multiplier, of course) would be much much MUCH more usefull than converting them into bridge officer points. I have absolutely no use for bridge officer points, since ALL of my BO's are at the commander level already.

Anyone else agrees?

Please devs, take this into account. Would give me, and a whole lot more people one extra reason to keep on killing those ships and doing those exploration missions..
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-05-2010, 04:49 PM
Merits would be nice too. Maybe a choice?
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-05-2010, 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuccaneerDTB
Maybe a choice?
Now you're onto something. Some sort of ... interface to let you select what you get. That'd be cool.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-05-2010, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
Now you're onto something. Some sort of ... interface to let you select what you get. That'd be cool.
Hmm, there's that too. Although to be honest i dont care much about merit points.. I just need credits to do the Relief Effort missions (love them now!), and fit my ship with all purple gear.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-05-2010, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruivo
Hmm, there's that too. Although to be honest i dont care much about merit points.. I just need credits to do the Relief Effort missions (love them now!), and fit my ship with all purple gear.
Your suggestion isn't a bad suggestion. But there are other players who might want to keep the BO points. (I know I tinker with my BO powers a lot more than anything else in game). And others who want merits.

So the choice to go your way, or some other way, I think is a good way to enhance your idea and give different players with different wants/needs a desired reward.

Plus it could help you or me at different times. Say you do want to make radical changes down the line that would make you want those BO point rewards again ... you could switch back.

That's kind of what I was thinking about. More customization.

Lt. Commander
# 6
06-05-2010, 06:03 PM
Have more than enough BO points, but I definitely need the merits and EC, to be able to purchase BOs, and retrain them (and myself, as well). So yeah... give us a choice on what rewards we get, definitely.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-05-2010, 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
Your suggestion isn't a bad suggestion. But there are other players who might want to keep the BO points. (I know I tinker with my BO powers a lot more than anything else in game). And others who want merits.

So the choice to go your way, or some other way, I think is a good way to enhance your idea and give different players with different wants/needs a desired reward.

Plus it could help you or me at different times. Say you do want to make radical changes down the line that would make you want those BO point rewards again ... you could switch back.

That's kind of what I was thinking about. More customization.

Yup, didn't meant to say it wasn't a better idea, just that i myself couldn't care less about merit :p

But yeah, a switch like difficulty options to convert the SP into BOSP, merit or EC. Naturaly each of these would require a different multiplier. Turning 500 SP into 500 EC definatly wouldn't cut it. 50.000 EC.. now that's more like it.

For instance, i just finished a exploration mission against 6 squadrons of borg, and obviously, the last squadron was a lone cube. I don't know if anyone knows, but since 1.2 cubes have become..... tense to kill..

After killing it and basking on the glory of its explosion, i got a..... minor component..