Lt. Commander
# 21
06-05-2010, 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argenacob
So just to get this straight, I can play STO with every video setting at it's highest with very little or no lag?
yes sir. ( disclaimer, lag can happen due to the network so to say that you wont ever get lag would be a lie, but you should never lag from the computer. unless you have a lot of programs running, like two or three other games on another screen, but you should be just fine. /end disclaimer )

funny my disclaimer is shorter then my answer
Lt. Commander
# 22
06-05-2010, 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurepastnow View Post
I've got a Geforce GTS250. That's not a great graphics card, in fact it's pretty obsolete, but I can play the game at almost full detail at 1080P. The only thing I turned down was shadow detail, and the game plays very smoothly with shadows set to low.
With a 260, I'm running full max graphics with no problems.
Lt. Commander
# 23
06-05-2010, 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCSlyman View Post
With a 260, I'm running full max graphics with no problems.
Would say this as well but you beat me to it.

A GTS250 is fine, but you can get a GTX260 for just a few bucks more. And it IS a big leap. I run the game with everything in max at 1680x1050p.

If everything you will play are MMO's, than you don't need a top of the line gaming rig. Just get the gtx260 core 216 (to ensure you can run every MMO out there at max), a dual core CPU (mine is athlon 5200, but i don't think they make this one anymore..), some 4 or 6gb of ram (ddr2 is fine) and a motherboard to fit all of that and you're good to go.

As a matter of fact, you'll be able to run pretty much everything in the market today at max or near max at 1680x1050. Speaking from experience.