Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
I'll be short, because I think communicating with you guys is a waste of my energy.
You can't sell stuff in C-store, and than nerf the ships that use them. That is bad policy and very customer unfriendly.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
06-06-2010, 01:52 AM
What exactly have they sold in the C-Store that's been nerfed? Nothing sold in the C-Store has any real game effect, the ships are just costumes for established ship classes and the races offered are no different from choosing any other race not-offered in the C-Store. The only ship that is in any way different that's offered in the C-Store is the AGT Galaxy and that's to a very limited number of people.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
06-06-2010, 02:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K1tty
I'll be short, because I think communicating with you guys is a waste of my energy.
You can't sell stuff in C-store, and than nerf the ships that use them. That is bad policy and very customer unfriendly.
I agree. And I will do one better. The payment options for the C-Store are very limited. All I see are paypal and credit cards. What about those who do not have or want those 2 options? Why not add a third option such as a gift card system.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
06-06-2010, 02:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Sol
What exactly have they sold in the C-Store that's been nerfed? Nothing sold in the C-Store has any real game effect, the ships are just costumes for established ship classes and the races offered are no different from choosing any other race not-offered in the C-Store. The only ship that is in any way different that's offered in the C-Store is the AGT Galaxy and that's to a very limited number of people.
You are not good at reading, do you? It says, "don't nerf the ships". C-store doesn't sell ships. It sells bridge packs and so. I am sailing a cruiser, wich never stops. It just keeps on sliding after full stop. Getting an item dat is 10 KM behind you, takes ages. My escort just came out of hangar, because the last patch finally made it worth while again.
Do you really think that I buy bridge packs for these ships, while they are already thinking about what to nerf next?! No way! I want stability, that is all I ask. I don't spend my money, when the economy can't be trusted. I will not buy accesories for ships that are to be tampered with in every patch!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
06-06-2010, 03:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K1tty
You are not good at reading, do you? It says, "don't nerf the ships". C-store doesn't sell ships. It sells bridge packs and so. I am sailing a cruiser, wich never stops. It just keeps on sliding after full stop. Getting an item dat is 10 KM behind you, takes ages. My escort just came out of hangar, because the last patch finally made it worth while again.
Do you really think that I buy bridge packs for these ships, while they are already thinking about what to nerf next?! No way! I want stability, that is all I ask. I don't spend my money, when the economy can't be trusted. I will not buy accesories for ships that are to be tampered with in every patch!
No need to be insulting. Cruisers are meant to 'slide' because of their greater mass in the game which means that it takes a great deal of energy and counter-thrust to settle them, much more than it does for smaller, lighter escorts.

As for Nerfing, well, it's going to happen, it's just the way of an MMO. Things are going to get changed, damage ratios will be lowered, other abilities will be upped and so on. I don't see why one class of ship being changed should affect what you buy from the C-Store since the bridges can be used on any ship class you like. The ship skins are another matter, and if you're disappointed in how a cruiser handles then you can always decide not to buy any of the cruiser costumes. Nobody's forcing you to do anything as far as buying something from the C-Store or using a certain ship.

One thing you might want to look into is the various consoles offered in the game which can up your turn rate. Adjusting your power levels and putting more power into Aux can also lessen the 'slide' effect of the Cruisers if that really bothers you.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
06-06-2010, 04:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Sol
No need to be insulting. Cruisers are meant to 'slide' because of their greater mass in the game which means that it takes a great deal of energy and counter-thrust to settle them, much more than it does for smaller, lighter escorts.

As for Nerfing, well, it's going to happen, it's just the way of an MMO. Things are going to get changed, damage ratios will be lowered, other abilities will be upped and so on. I don't see why one class of ship being changed should affect what you buy from the C-Store since the bridges can be used on any ship class you like. The ship skins are another matter, and if you're disappointed in how a cruiser handles then you can always decide not to buy any of the cruiser costumes. Nobody's forcing you to do anything as far as buying something from the C-Store or using a certain ship.

One thing you might want to look into is the various consoles offered in the game which can up your turn rate. Adjusting your power levels and putting more power into Aux can also lessen the 'slide' effect of the Cruisers if that really bothers you.
Sorry, for insulting you.
I am talking about what happens after the purchase. You buy a beautiful bridgepack for your Starcruiser, and suddenly the ship doesn't handle anymore like it used to be. It is not because of the bridge pack, mind you. But a few days later the rules have changed. The ship you once was proud of, is no longer the same. The bridge pack, which you bought for "real" money, can't be used on other cruisers.
My Deep Space Science vessl has changed. Why would I buy a bridge pack for a once so proud ship? The nefbat is still swinging. I want a ship to be proud off. Not for decoration only. Will you buy better seats for your car, knowing that it might happen that "the powers that be" give it square wheels, or might bring down the speed?

It is just not smart to buy products, or spend money on products, that might get nerfd to a pale shadow of what it was before. Smart people don't buy accessories for their ships, until things have stabilized.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
06-06-2010, 04:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K1tty
Sorry, for insulting you.
I am talking about what happens after the purchase. You buy a beautiful bridgepack for your Starcruiser, and suddenly the ship doesn't handle anymore like it used to be. It is not because of the bridge pack, mind you. But a few days later the rules have changed. The ship you once was proud of, is no longer the same. The bridge pack, which you bought for "real" money, can't be used on other cruisers.
My Deep Space Science vessl has changed. Why would I buy a bridge pack for a once so proud ship? The nefbat is still swinging. I want a ship to be proud off. Not for decoration only. Will you buy better seats for your car, knowing that it might happen that "the powers that be" give it square wheels, or might bring down the speed?

It is just not smart to buy products, or spend money on products, that might get nerfd to a pale shadow of what it was before. Smart people don't buy accessories for their ships, until things have stabilized.
It can, actually, the bridge packs you buy can be used with any ship, not just the class they're for. I can use the Star Cruiser bridges on escorts if I want, same with the Science bridges and so on. The C-Store bridges are unlocked for your account so you can use them on any ship you're flying.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:02 AM.