Lt. Commander
# 11
06-05-2010, 06:35 PM
The 'stretching' effect when you enter or leave warp is there in STO when you go to warp, but its easiest to see if you're flying a ship like the Galaxy or a Sovereign due to the mass of the ship. It's harder to see with the smaller ships.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post

another Engine Trail
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gr2SBi1oYM8
( ...i hope the Galaxy X will look HALF that good in STO )

note:
all Engine Trails in the Movies where at WARP. Not at Impuls... and it looks more like a blur effect then an engine trail...

I wouldn't mind if that would be a little closer to the Shows.
I agree, though I hope that all three nacelles on the AGT Galaxy light up when going to warp. On most of the four-nacelle ships in STO only two nacelles light up when you warp out.
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-05-2010, 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
everything blinking that is not part of my ship should be able to shut off. that includes almost all Abilities.

I want my Ship, Shields and Weaponsfire, silly blinking stuff is not Star Trek...
not a bad idea, I would love to get rid of all those ability icons and flashy things that appear on my ship and other peoples ships when using abilities. It should also work for ground combat too if they did it.
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-05-2010, 06:48 PM
the skill effects are mostly there for recognition - IE when you see the EP to Engines you know what skill has been activated - on NPCs or other players.

Being able to turn your own off would be cool for the purists I suppose, but there are lots of other things that are more important right now.
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-05-2010, 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberion1701
Being able to turn your own off would be cool for the purists I suppose, but there are lots of other things that are more important right now.
True, I'm just looking for dev acknowledgement that this is something some players would like as a toggle.

That way it can be put on a to-do list in the appropriate spot underneath the high priority stuff.
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-05-2010, 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberion1701
the skill effects are mostly there for recognition - IE when you see the EP to Engines you know what skill has been activated - on NPCs or other players.

Exactly. IMO, it's pretty valuable to know when someone pops AP:A/AP:O, FBP, RSP, Aceton Field, etc.
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-06-2010, 05:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
Exactly. IMO, it's pretty valuable to know when someone pops AP:A/AP:O, FBP, RSP, Aceton Field, etc.
With all that crazy blinking going on i mostly cant tell what someone does anyway.
Also there are those small icons on the HUD, make them a little bigger and a little more varied in Colours (i only see tiny blue icons and would have to mouse over to actually see what it is, so improve the HUD and remove the annoyance factor of the silly blinking skills. (there are some visuals that are realy REALY annoying, and some who are less annoying, just scale it down a notch).

Also if i show someone the game on my screen while i am playing it just looks silly to them with all the blinking going on... it just does not look cool anymore.

less is more sometimes.