Lt. Commander
# 1 More R+D stations
06-06-2010, 10:36 AM
I was wondering if the devs plan to put more R+D stations in the game.
I mean that say I,m at DS9, I have to go all the way to Memory Alpha just to craft something.
The crafting in sto is nearly non-existent but making ppl travel that distance is really turning
ppl away from it, so that if or when they make it "better" nobody will bother their behind
to do it. Need a few more R+D stations please ( it won't break any banks or programming heads, but
maybe a bit of time)
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-06-2010, 10:44 AM
USE the model for Star base 114 ( outside and inside. ) if you remember it has two levels, one i the main command level, the 2nd is the cargo bay. you could change those four rooms in to research labs.

or you could use the star base 39 layout.

if anything, use the outside model because it is a standard model, and put one of those stations in every sector block at least. ( maybe you can add special items, and stuff to memory alpha so you keep them different then the research stations. that would give people a reason to got o memory alpha, but would let you do your crafting every where else. )
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-06-2010, 10:51 AM
I always wanted to see Starbase Unity (from SFcommand III) as a big social hub station with all the usuals.

Actually, since Unity was supposed to be on the border of the triad intersection of klink romulan and fed space, it would make an awesome federation base for their entry into a persistent open PvP sector.

The Romulans used to have a huge station in the area too, so if they ever materialize as a faction give them one, and of course the Klingons jointly ran Unity at one time, but what with the war they likely but some sort of battlestation in the area of their own........
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-06-2010, 11:03 AM
i hope when they do interiors we can then craft on our ships,

but yes there needs to be more stations that not only allow you to do R&D but also provide and sell the green or purple items, have Bo trainers etc. Kit the other starbases out like sol 1

giving each base more stuff will also help to get people to go there, making the places feel more alive
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-06-2010, 12:20 PM
Without some serious documentation on the game, I have not yet figured out what the purpose of the R & D stations are. How do they get used? and for what real game advancing reason??

I agree with the overall that the star bases should all be standardised to be similar in purpose so needs can be met wherever you dock.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-06-2010, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmccabe01 View Post
I was wondering if the devs plan to put more R+D stations in the game.
I mean that say I,m at DS9, I have to go all the way to Memory Alpha just to craft something.
The crafting in sto is nearly non-existent but making ppl travel that distance is really turning
ppl away from it, so that if or when they make it "better" nobody will bother their behind
to do it. Need a few more R+D stations please ( it won't break any banks or programming heads, but
maybe a bit of time)
which is a complete waste of time to begin with atleast until they overhaul crafting anyway, however the point of adding stations is sound.
Maybe if we beg long enough we'll get those stations in the ships instead of having to do all that yadda you spoke of up there.