Lt. Commander
# 21
06-06-2010, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
may planet that show up in the shows. bajor, earth, granted a lot of them have never been seen, but you also have to remember that CBS is very picky. and if I understand right, any mission out side of genesis has to be run by them , so if you have a mission for every planet, then it would have to be checked by them.
I suppose a way around everything would be to better the genesis system and turn it on full-bore, and let every planet have some new missions every time you land on them.

That would solve so many content issues.
Lt. Commander
# 22
06-06-2010, 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diluant
I suppose a way around everything would be to better the genesis system and turn it on full-bore, and let every planet have some new missions every time you land on them.

That would solve so many content issues.
that would solve the problem. only thing I see wrong with it, is what the quality would be, and would it be a empty world if we did it that way.
Lt. Commander
# 23
06-06-2010, 10:16 AM
last time I check they had content for all the planets there just locked I.E patrol mission. if they would unlock them and remove the emeny and random the ground like the cluster or have you ever paid attention to how many starbase and mining station there are. Copy and paste SB1 -SB 39 and change it up alittle and open it up social areas. Dronzana Station was a hit keep it up
Lt. Commander
# 24
06-06-2010, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
that would solve the problem. only thing I see wrong with it, is what the quality would be, and would it be a empty world if we did it that way.
true, but then again, quality isn't a strong point in this game anyhoo, so I can live with that small price.

I kid, but actually, if they fix their genesis system, they can add a ton more 'quests' in there, they don't just involve fetching a scan, or killing 5 ships. Once they do that, the problems and quality may fix itself once they work a bit more on the system.

I am still hoping for ambient creatures (and maybe ambient npcs/non-combatants) to be added to the genesis system. If they do things right, the static planet maps can be populated with a bunch of things that will help draw in involvement and atmosphere.
Lt. Commander
# 25
06-06-2010, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
If this game uses the Champions Online engine then big Ground Enviroments like this should be no problem (just with a Star Trek look of course):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XP5OXXCo3JI
OMG!
Is she doing the Equilibrium gun kata there?!

Well I guess if they can steal from Miramax they surely should be able to clobber up some general licensing agreement with Paramount, or whoever the gods of Star Trek are.

Also I dimly remember reading that something like this is planed anyway? Or am I dreaming it?
Lt. Commander
# 26
06-06-2010, 10:30 AM
Quote:

I am still hoping for ambient creatures (and maybe ambient npcs/non-combatants) to be added to the genesis system. If they do things right, the static planet maps can be populated with a bunch of things that will help draw in involvement and atmosphere.
well 2.0 is said to add that. as for the genesis system, there is something wrong with it they they are working to fix, and make it better. ( I do believe it is the first of it's kind, I could be wrong, but it is bound to have bumps, but once it is up and running fully it should be great )
Lt. Commander
# 27
06-06-2010, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Knowing this game, you will be required to kill every ambient creature you see. :p