Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Controls, User Interface, and the STO Gateway
Login

Lt. Commander
Hello Cryptic. I would like to request two additions/updates to the UI:

1) Shield Regeneration: Please display our ship's shield regeneration stat in a dynamic format (not just the generic tooltop we see on the shield description) like Hull Repair Rate, Power Transfer Rate, Crew Member Recover, Weapon DPS, etc. I know the basic formula that at 25 power my shields regen at half rate, 50 = normal/listed rate, on up to 125 power regens at 4x, so I can estimate the calculations myself, but what if my power is at 71? Is there a cutoff, so below 75 I don't get a bonus, or is there some linear amount between 50-75? Also, how does my current ship type affect regeneration (if at all)? What affect will consoles, abilities, etc. have at any given moment?

Being able to see the rate would help answer these questions and keep captains informed in the middle of battle when we don't have time to crunch the numbers ourselves. Ideally if we could see the rate with a mouseover tooltip on the main HUD (say, if we point to our shield circle around the icon of our ship), but also under the Ship's status > Defensive accordian, please?

I've made this request before, in the April Engineering Report and got a dstahl posted reply:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
Please add the one's current Shield Regeneration Rate as a viewable stat
This has been forwarded to the UI tooltips guru.
Shield Emitter (regeneration stat) has been found, see post 6 below for more info! Thanks dstahl and and Mr. UI Tooltips Guru

2) Shield Resistance: From what I understand there's a Power Level/5 formula for figuring the fairly new shield damage resistance percentage, but it would be nice if we saw this in our HUD/Defense accordian too. Again, helpful to see how things stack, the "effective" resistance, planning our builds, etc.

Players: If you would like to see these changes, please sign below.
Cryptic: Thanks in advance.

Lt. Commander
# 2
06-04-2010, 03:45 PM
I also agree!
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-04-2010, 04:07 PM
This would be a useful addition.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-04-2010, 04:22 PM
This would be a useful feature. Information is power.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-05-2010, 08:40 AM
I sign with my blood
Lt. Commander
# 6 Shield Regeneration Found!
06-06-2010, 07:40 PM
I was looking through my Accolades and Passive abilities and I found where Cryptic has hidded our Shield Regeneration stat.
  • While in space on your ship, press U.
  • Click on your Captain, then Status.
  • Expand the new Passives accordian.
  • Scroll down to {Type} Shield Emitter (the type will vary depending on which shield type you have, for example Covariant).
  • Point at Shield Emitter, wait for the pop-up tooltip.
The Shield Emitter stat shows your current regneration and, while I've only done some basic testing with my one shield, it seems accurate while in system space, and is affected by your Shield Power level.

Yay, thanks for adding this Cryptic. Though it is buried, so it would be nice to see the Shield Emitter stat somewhere on the HUD or in the Ship's stats (ie and not a pop up tooltip we have to wait for). Also, calling it an Emitter could make one confused with the Starship Emitter skill (or maybe that does improve it?). I don't know if my skill level affects the Shield Emitter stat or not... (I'm assuming not).

One down, one to go.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-07-2010, 02:26 AM
Well you can always count your regeneration values. Every shield setting point above 50 raises the shield regeneration by 4%. Thus on 125 shield power, the regeneration has 300% bonus.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-07-2010, 06:30 AM
Great find!

And /signed for dmg resistance.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-20-2010, 11:24 PM
/signed for dmg resistance
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-24-2010, 04:26 PM
>Self Bump<

I was doing the math the other day and realized, since we can only set our shields down to 25, by default/at a minimum, we all have a 5% shield damage resistance. Basically this gives everybody's shields a 5% capacity bump.

At least that's how I'd figure it.

Sure would be nice to have the Shield Damage Resistance stat somewhere in the UI so we can confirm it.

>Self Bump<