Lt. Commander
# 1 injury system broken?
05-15-2010, 02:19 PM
Hi, on the STO site it says that injuries will go away after 30 minutes or can be treated but mine dosnt go away after 30 minutes
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-15-2010, 07:21 PM
Injury System
In conjunction with the Difficulty Slider, we're also implementing the Injury System to Advanced and Elite gameplay modes. Should a player become incapacitated while performing his duties in an Advanced or Elite difficulty mission, he has a chance of acquiring an Injury. Injuries are temporary debuffs to a player's stats.

Injuries vary depending on severity:

◦Minor The negative effect of minor injuries is small, and only several minor injuries would hinder a player.
◦Major - Major Injuries are significant, but the character can continue to function at little performance difference. More than one major injury that modified the same stat would start to affect a character's performance.
◦Critical - A character can continue and succeed with more than one critical injury, but each critical injury received is costly to treat and will hinder the character.
Injuries will disappear after 30 minutes, and can also be treated with Regenerators for ground Injuries and Components for space Injuries. Regenerators and Components are available at many vendors in both Federation and Klingon space.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-16-2010, 03:42 AM
can someone respond here. is it supposed to go away after 30 minutes or not? thank you
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-16-2010, 03:50 AM
to my knowledge the injuries go away after 30 minutes while you are online, akin to the transwarp ability.

though if you have been online for more than that i would recommend notifying cryptic about the bug asap.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-16-2010, 06:20 AM
thank you for you kind response. no my injuries dont go away they just pile up and i cant afford to get rid of them all.

where do i report bugs?
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-16-2010, 07:08 AM
Ive noticed this too as well. Im playing on advanced diff and noticed that sometimes the minor damage goes away and sometimes it doesnt after 30 min. I dont know whats up with that either
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-06-2010, 08:48 PM
Um.../bugged this a two months ago. I heard it was /bugged on the test server too.

And yes, my character, 100 hours of play later...still has the minor injuries. As does his ship.

Known bug, get used to it, sorry!

It would not have been so irritating if I hadn't gotten those in the first place because STO reset my all my difficulties for all my toons to elite.

Yes another known bug.