Lt. Commander
While I love STO, and I appreciate the work your putting into it, I Do have one major complaint...
The obvious bias against Klingons Must Stop!
While I fully admit, that the sector blocks controlled by the Klingon empire are accurate, it just doesn't work for the current timeline. In this time period the Klingon Empire controls their original territory, plus that of the Gorns, Naussicans, Letheans, Orion Syndicate, and territories that bordered not only, federation space, but also Romulan space.
and I also want to know why the Klingons don't have Conquest missions instead of Planet Assistance Missions?
A Conquest mission would be "Go to such and so nebula, enter an unexplored star system, and defeat n number of native defense forces, until they surrender and become Vassals of the Klingon Empire." where n would be a varible number, and the combat could be Space, Ground or both.
It's far more in line with the Klingons, then planet assists.
Before Any new Faction is added, you need to equalize the two you already have.
That Means an equal #of PVE missions, appropriate exploratory missions, sector block expansion, and increase in Klingon (not Federation) ship types.
Also Give players a chance to join the great houses, and then participate in inter house combat/duels, you could even give Klingon players a Sector block or two of Systems that players can conquer specifically for their respective Houses.
Until this imbalance is corrected I would like it if you would stop devoting resources to Emotes, player races, or other unnecessary C-store items, or Other Player Factions that will be just as badly Nerfed as the Klingons are now.
I also have numerous friends who would love to play this game, if it weren't for one little thing...
They Hate Federation, and don't want to have to play as a Fed character at all they want to be able to make a Klingon character right away, I understand your desire to make sure everyone knows and understands the basics of the game, but you can solve this problem simply by making a Tutorial based in the Klingon faction.
As for any other Players who reads this, please no Flames or digressions, please either stay on topic, or just say "Yay" to show you agree, the more "yay"'s we have in this thread the more likely they'll listen.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-06-2010, 11:47 AM
If they were going to put effort into saving the Klingon faction, they would have done so before 98% of Klingons stopped playing. They know their own numbers. The Klingon side WAS neglected, not IS neglected. It emptied out and the population is GONE. Why do you think there has not yet been a pvp space map release since the game went live. There are only really 3 (mine is so exploitable no one plays it). Team Fortress 2fort has more variety than our 3 crap maps.

Cryptic made a decision to abandon Klingons. They plan a smoke and mirrors 'third race' to sucker in casual players, but most people understand the third race will have around 22 minutes of gameplay depth. Cryptics is excellent at "look and feel" but they suck creating 'content'. It's like the devs all have marketing degrees. fluff and no substance.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-06-2010, 12:02 PM
Hello, and welcome to the Star Trek Online forums!

Congratulations! You've started the 137,482nd thread on this subject! Perhaps you'd like to read/post in one of those threads instead of starting yet another one?

A lot of Klingon content is supposed to go live with the Season 2 update in July. You'd have known that if you'd bothered to use the forum's search function. You may want to consider using said search function in the future.

Welcome aboard captain!
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-06-2010, 12:30 PM
The sheer stupidity of invoking the word prejudice about a fictional set of bad guys boggles the mind.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-06-2010, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnBludd View Post
The sheer stupidity of invoking the word prejudice about a fictional set of bad guys boggles the mind.
Up until the very end of the original post, I had found the most entertainment from this sentence:

"Until this imbalance is corrected I would like it if you would stop devoting resources to Emotes, player races, or other unnecessary C-store items, or Other Player Factions that will be just as badly Nerfed as the Klingons are now."

The commanding tone, and completely authoritative way in which the OP makes demands of the company were so ... delusional that I was enjoying it immensely.

Until ... the thread title really started to sink in. And now, yeah, I am most entertained by the "apparent prejudice" that klingons have to endure by the development team. It's in-human! They're treated like less than people by the devs. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.

Normally I'd agree with the falcon. There's dozens of other threads for this to be posted in. But this one's special. Because of what you point out. The sheer ... I'm going to say uniqueness ... of invoking the word prejudice. It gives this thread it's own panache. I'm glad to have clicked on it and read it.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-06-2010, 12:51 PM
It is not possible to show the facepalms I d like to do here in a single picture.
Lt. Commander
# 7 Nice opening Salvoes:)lol
06-06-2010, 01:45 PM
Ok, first, I was merely trying to be concise, Not commanding. although if I can give a commanding tone in text then there's still hope I can gain the Tone of Command so useful in parenting.
Secondly, the fact that I have to Search for most of those Klingon content posts is part of the problem.
Third, ok I admit prejudice was the wrong word, I should've used Bias, and have made appropriate changes to my op, while I did intend to ruffle feathers, it was Cryptics not my fellow players feathers, I wanted to ruffle.
lastly, I know they say Klingon content is coming with Season two, my problem is, what exactly do they mean be "Several Episodes"? Most people when they say several, mean 3 or 4, but it would be nice if the Klingons got more then episodes then that, wouldn't?
Plus it would help if the Someone from Cryptic would post in a thread like this, and just "Hi, we hear what your saying, we're working out." or "That's a great idea", you know? Some form of active acknowledgment from an admitted member of the Dev team would be nice.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-06-2010, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shdwlancer666 View Post
Ok, first, I was merely trying to be concise, Not commanding. although if I can give a commanding tone in text then there's still hope I can gain the Tone of Command so useful in parenting.

It's still entertaining, because no matter how many content editors and content developers they have working on klingon story arcs ... people down the hall working on ship designs are still going to be working on ship designs. For the C-Store. They have a schedule and all. They are capable of doing emote design with the animators and what not, while still devoting time in their day to having completely different employees work on the klingon stuff they have on schedule.

Quote:
Secondly, the fact that I have to Search for most of those Klingon content posts is part of the problem.
The best place to start is probably The Klingon Gameplay Forums

Though I do admit quite a lot of information can be found in ...
The PVP Gameplay Forums

As well as ... The Klingon Fleetyards

Quote:
lastly, I know they say Klingon content is coming with Season two, my problem is, what exactly do they mean be "Several Episodes"? Most people when they say several, mean 3 or 4, but it would be nice if the Klingons got more then episodes then that, wouldn't?
I'll be pretty frank about this.

The last official word from them was they had 2 done and were working on a third.

But ... season 2.0 is going to take place over a multiple patches. And the way they did season 1, was that the things promised were spread out. Over patch 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, and still to come in 1.3.

It's pretty likely (especially when considering that they're now advertising weekly episodes of some sort to be coming in the future) that we're going to get 2 to 3 episodes in one patch. Then 2 to 3 episodes in another. And so on. Spread out over time.

That seems like the most likely scenario.

And it will continue to draw a lot of complaints from people who want everything and want it already done and are already upset.

That's just me being realistic about it.

The thing is ... Klingons got a huge influx of content in season 1 already. And the complaints haven't stopped.

The only thing Klingons are missing at the top level of gameplay is story arc missions. That's it. They have a version (though some of it is still bugged) of every other style of content that the federation has. Except story arc content. Which they will be getting.

The larger issue with klingons at this point is ... they lack the fluff. The depth and variety of the federation.

Part of that is intentional (the Klingon empire is smaller, and not as variable as the federation of planets). But part of that is mechanical (no off duty uniforms ... no altnernate timeline variations ... no multiple windows or ship metals for the ship customization). And that stuff could really use a boost.

But that's all fluff stuff. Which so many people say is irrelevant. Unless they're in total "bash" mode on Cryptic.

So I don't know what else to tell you other than ... patch 2.0 is not going to appease people. The complaints will still rage.

Quote:
Plus it would help if the Someone from Cryptic would post in a thread like this, and just "Hi, we hear what your saying, we're working out." or "That's a great idea", you know? Some form of active acknowledgment from an admitted member of the Dev team would be nice.
The devs have already posted that. In older posts. That are hard to dig up. Because it's been months. The devs have said multiple times that yes, klingons need more stuff. And they agree with the feedback and complaints. And are working on improvements. They're not really going to repost the same thing in every new thread that brings this topic up though. So you'll just have to trust us players who've read the older threads with the dev posts, that yes, they did say those things.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-07-2010, 05:02 AM
Quote:
While I love STO
I think I've diagnosed your problem.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-07-2010, 05:34 AM
The phrase "Klingon Prejudice" followed by a all of text. Please, move past this. you are broadcasting nonsense. I would not want Cryptic to concede to your demands. My reasoning is along the lines of "we do not negotiate with (insert appropriate term for social or political dissident here)", not that you are actually at the level of social or political dissident.

Season 2, what you are asking for is in season 2. chill, Bill.