Lt. Commander
# 11
06-05-2010, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captiva View Post
I understand that you wanted a game that appealed to a wide variety of people, New ST fans, and old. You didnt want overcomplicated gameplay, so anyone could learn and play.

Well, after reading many, many forum posts, I havent seen anyone complain about how the game is to complicated, etc. As I'm sure your aware, it is the exact opposite response your getting. I dont doubt that you fuffilled some executives wish list, and I think there are many people who put alot of effort into the game.

But here's my point: WHEN IN ROME DO LIKE THE ROMANS......if your Roman in Rome, trying to sell goods to mainly Romans, you prolly shouldnt dress Greek, and sing Galaic songs, while speaking Egyptian.....get it?
You made a game that is supposed to be Star Trek, while trying to cater to people who dont like Star Trek, or at least not that much. But the main people who are buying your product are Star Trek fans i.e. Romans.

You may get a few Greeks who are passing through to browse your wares, maybe an egyptian who likes how you speak some of there language, but ultimately, your in Rome, and Romans are buying your goods, so I'll say it again WHEN IN ROME DO LIKE THE ROMANS..........

On that note, I know people want all kinds of different things changed and added, but I assure you, if you stick to making a Star Trek game first, and making it "accessible" second, you will find most critics silenced, and better yet, you will have a solid player base.
One last thing, if ya try to add things that are not so "Roman" trust me the "Romans" will notice. I hope someone reads this who it will make some sense to.

"If you try to be everything to everyone, you end up being nothing to no one"
Well... do like some Romans I suppose? I mean I hope they're not doing the Roman like emperor Nero did... see that was a bit bad burning your own city to the... oh I get it. Cryptic... burning city... yep I can see that O_O
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-05-2010, 07:43 PM
I was reffering to STO in general, not just Klingons, and burning cities isnt quite what I was reffering to at all.
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-07-2010, 09:56 AM
Hmmmm......dropped to quick........Bump.
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-07-2010, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meynolt View Post
Well... do like some Romans I suppose? I mean I hope they're not doing the Roman like emperor Nero did... see that was a bit bad burning your own city to the... oh I get it. Cryptic... burning city... yep I can see that O_O
Y'all do know that Rome was the largest empire in history... and lasted over a thousand years...right? The Romans were definitely something to emulate, in any aspect.
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-07-2010, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captiva View Post
...You made a game that is supposed to be Star Trek, while trying to cater to people who don't like Star Trek, or at least not that much...
It's nice to see someone else say the same things I've been saying since before Cryptic even took over.
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-07-2010, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfPit View Post
It's nice to see someone else say the same things I've been saying since before Cryptic even took over.
It has been and always shall be Perpetual's fault that the game is in the mess it is in.
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-07-2010, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
It has been and always shall be Perpetual's fault that the game is in the mess it is in.
I don't know exactly what blame to pin on Perpetual, but Cryptic basically took their engine and crafted STO into it since it's highly unlikely that they could've done the opposite i.e. develop an entirely new game engine, specifically for a STAR TREK MMO in the rumored 18 months they had. The thing is, when I first heard about Cryptic landing the IP, I knew that they were going to do this, in fact, expecting them to do otherwise would've been the irrational thing to do.
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-07-2010, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadrevenant View Post
Y'all do know that Rome was the largest empire in history... and lasted over a thousand years...right? The Romans were definitely something to emulate, in any aspect.
Even tho it went bonkers, them Romans sure knew how to party!