Lt. Commander
# 21
06-06-2010, 07:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweger View Post
Looking forward to it. Today is the first time for me to try it out. So far I am at 3 hours and 15 minutes of patching time. Guess it's big.
Ummm over 3hrs? What are you using that makes this patch take that long? It took me about 2 minutes.
Lt. Commander
# 22
06-06-2010, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge-fox
do you have more solo missions. have not played since i hit RA5 and no solo mission left to do. Also i don't feel like leveling another toon thru the same old mission. the game has gotten boring way to fast.
Totally Agree...looks like we will have to back off STO for a couple of months, so hopefully it can become refreshing again.
Lt. Commander
# 23
06-06-2010, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinumbar
Ummm... this is an MMO. It makes sense to have at least some that require teaming up in order to complete.
True, teaming is good, but I think right now the "team RA 5 missions" are to ridiculous. Rather then beaming down and sneaking behind enemy lines to complete a mission, they are more like taking on a whole squadron of troops, where the trick to winning is a fast respawn time.

I don't mind being revived from time to time in the STO, because it seems true to the Star Trek universe, however, most missions seem more like a strategy against the computer (flaws, bugs, or design) in which all 5 members get (killed, or at least unconscious) one or more respawns half a kilometre back, while the rest stay on the the ground, why, because someone needs to stay so the game does not reset the enemy.

As well, I really don't like having to play where you have to figure out when and where to re-spawn as part of the strategy to winning, if one of your 5 members drops, you have to find another or your pretty much defeated there, and last but not least, the unrealism of being able to come back to life instantaneous by respawning.

So, what do I suggest then...

Make the easy level (sliding scale) completable with 1-2 people and your away team. This would have fewer drones in massive groups, and less photonic drones beaming in. As well, it would allow you to sneak around more, so to be able to pick and choose when to engage the enemy...not all the time from the front and side.

The other two levels could be as RA 5 missions come out currently, where without 5 your pretty much out of luck, but at least you have an option to play without the 5, but still in a team.

I would also really like to see more game content then the fire at everything moving version, the ability to choose actions and words that can alter circumstances...but that has already been stated else where.
Lt. Commander
# 24
06-06-2010, 02:19 PM
Took me over an hour as well, and havent been able to connect past character selection for 2 days. It times out every time. My other computer hasn't finished patching even after 3 hours, stuck at 22%. Am I the only one who can't play STO anymore because of timing out? I have DSL connection.
Lt. Commander
# 25
06-06-2010, 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuccaneerDTB
Took me over an hour as well, and havent been able to connect past character selection for 2 days. It times out every time. My other computer hasn't finished patching even after 3 hours, stuck at 22%. Am I the only one who can't play STO anymore because of timing out? I have DSL connection.
Hmmm, weird. Took me about 15 minutes to patch, and I've been playing since. Haven't had time to log in today, but I was on at 1:30am-ish this morning.
Lt. Commander
# 26
06-07-2010, 01:57 PM
i really like the game until all the solo mission were done and no more to do, it got boring. have not played in over three weeks. RA5 is a level i dislike because there are only 3 solo mission and it gets boring.

and not that i don't like playing with other player, it's the fact they pick all the drops and i get ****.