Lt. Commander
# 1 dice+paper roleplay
06-06-2010, 07:39 PM
sorry if this is the wrong forum for this.
i was thinking.they did an old star trek dice+paper roleplay,years ago.
with jj's version,and this sto's storyline,they've got a whole lot of stories,to make a new one with.
what are the chances,do you think?
personally,i'd love to do a roleplay,in the current sto story line.
anyone else would like to see it happen?
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-07-2010, 04:29 AM
was it along the lines of D&D?
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-07-2010, 04:33 AM
Somewhere in this house I have an entire collection of books a friend of mine gave me when she moved into her new apartment upon returning from Iraq. Among that was a D&D system for Star Wars and for Star Trek, the Trek book I lost but it was OLD and I mean O-L-D.

I know they made a new system recently for that whole thing and the numbers really shouldn't be that hard to convert from the old one so I am willing to guess that it is well within the realm of possibility.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-07-2010, 07:30 AM
I have the old FASA Star Trek RPG, based on TOS. Have wanted to play it for decades but never have.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-07-2010, 07:34 AM
FASA was a classic system for Star Trek, popular in the 80s. There have since been a few other products, including Decipher's CODA system (which isn't bad) and the Star Fleet Battles Universe products, which are a TOS-era spin-off that has nothing to do with mainline canon any more but is still being published by Amarillo Design Bureau.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-07-2010, 08:14 AM
OOOH...
when i first took a glancing look at the thread title i though it said "diapers roleplay" and i was like "WTF O.o:"
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-07-2010, 05:17 PM
i've played the starfleet battles game,with the lttle tokens.was fun.

so who atm has the rights to do a roleplay,for the current star trek timeline?
and if no-one has the rights,who would be a good company to do it?(don't say wotc,please,i'm annoyed with them for 4th ed,and giving up on star wars rpg).maybe green ronin,or palladium.
Lt. Commander
# 8 ah FASA. good old days
06-07-2010, 05:48 PM
I loved the old FASA paper/dice ship combat game (Northampton Class Frigate RULES!). It would be totally rockin awesome sauce if some of those designs were incorporated into this game.

I also played the role playing game, though the source material for that was based on TOS.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-07-2010, 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarlo
I loved the old FASA paper/dice ship combat game (Northampton Class Frigate RULES!). It would be totally rockin awesome sauce if some of those designs were incorporated into this game.

I also played the role playing game, though the source material for that was based on TOS.
The fact that the FASA Star Trek RPG was based on TOS was a plus in my book. I so wanted to run a Romulan campaign in the TOS era, I got the Romulan expansion pack and even manage to get deck drawings of the original Romulan Bird of Prey.