Lt. Commander
# 11
06-07-2010, 05:17 PM
i always thought that +beams or +cannons would be slightly higher then +weapon type (phaser, polaron, etc.) meaning that the generic consoles would get +25 while the specific would get +22

the reasoning being that if you choose to only use beams any cannons u have would suffer or vice versa while taking the weapon specific type would help them both out the same. the only issue i could see being a problem is using more then one of any console but then the trade off would be ay other weapon types they had suffer. (or torps for that matter) etc etc.
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-07-2010, 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkpwnsall
So where/how did you see it added to those abilities?
It's in the actual console's description.

And it does. With the Torpedo Consoles, I was criting much more with my Tricobalts than usual.

My guess is that the increased performance was to compensate for the less skills you got with the Weapon-Type consoles before 1.2.
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-08-2010, 04:00 AM
Quote:
It's in the actual console's description.

And it does. With the Torpedo Consoles, I was criting much more with my Tricobalts than usual.

My guess is that the increased performance was to compensate for the less skills you got with the Weapon-Type consoles before 1.2.
Weapon skill increases improve critical chances? Has this always been the case, or is this just a perception issue?
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-08-2010, 07:23 PM
The Devs stated this themselves. That's why they nerfed weapon consoles from +30.