Lt. Commander
# 11
05-22-2010, 03:37 PM
I purchased the Amazon prorder and have a Liberated Borg...I wouldnt be mad at all if there were more means to attain one...I would just get one of those as well. But there are alot of HATERS that probably wouldnt feel the same way I do LOL
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-22-2010, 05:34 PM
Making him customisable would eliminate the need of the shuffle walk and the way he holds weapons just like normal people...

They guy is a liberated borg and when the are liberated their exterior gets removed / falls out if left in. However, rather than provide a fully function BO with the ability to be customised... we have to go the route of turning it into a visual joke.

Why ?

Because apparantly some folks find it compromises their pre-order bonus when a completely different version is offered.

The Pre-Order is a Female Engineer, the KA reward is a male Science officer. Completely different traits, powers and profession. Addtionally, the Pre-order items tend to be relegated for starter characters in their usefulness, becoming obsolete by endgamew ith the exception of the Borg BO.

Heaven forbid the game provides an endgame equivelent / superior option just like it does with all the Pre-order items.
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-24-2010, 04:05 PM
Well, as yet we haven't seen any of the nuuuu! posts from the test forums here.

I for one don't understand how this would violate the exclusivity of the Amazon deal. Amazon's deal offers an exclusive Borg BO. This one is a Borg BO, but not exclusive. As mentioned, it is a different BO than the Amazon one. This doesn't break any exclusivity.

My main problem is the Borg officer right now is an eyesore. I would -like- to use him for missions, etc. but he's ... hideous. And so un-Trek.

If this is the official deal, I'm very disappointed.
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-24-2010, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Sheridan
They guy is a liberated borg and when the are liberated their exterior gets removed / falls out if left in. However, rather than provide a fully function BO with the ability to be customised... we have to go the route of turning it into a visual joke.
You're missing something here. The Amazon Borg is an OLD Borg, Locutus and Seven style. The old Borg are basically people with a lot of machine stuff stuffed into them.

But the Khitomer Borg is a NEW Borg, and one thing Cryptic has said about them, and is very clear from the art, is that there really isn't any going back. They have long since lost limbs and organs and they are basically machines with people bits stuffed into them.

Kind of like the Terminator. If you take away all the machine parts, what is left won't survive (I think it was actually supposed to be synthetic but still).

The KA Borg may be liberated, but he won't live without all his implants and Borg parts. So the KA Borg can't be customizable with that in mind.
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-24-2010, 10:19 PM
No ball.

KA is meant to be about finding the cure to assimilation.

Additonally, the Federation has demonstrated the ability to heal and replace organs. Seven of Nine had her eye replaced and her real one taken out. Your trying to tell me the Federation dont have the ability to clone / build replacement limbs ?

Hi, Nog would like to have a word with you.
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-24-2010, 11:24 PM
Personally I would love to be able to get a male/female Tac BO to go along with these two so I could have an all Borg Ship so to speak.
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-25-2010, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Sheridan
No ball.

KA is meant to be about finding the cure to assimilation.

Additonally, the Federation has demonstrated the ability to heal and replace organs. Seven of Nine had her eye replaced and her real one taken out. Your trying to tell me the Federation dont have the ability to clone / build replacement limbs ?

Hi, Nog would like to have a word with you.

If you look at the new Borg, you can quickly realize that they aren't just missing limbs or eyes or whatever, they are 80% machine. If you unhook them from their Borg parts, they would quickly die, they can't possibly survive without them.

From the looks of it, most of the biological parts left are strung together by Borg technology, and disconnecting everything would result in a pile of disconnected flesh and tissue, and maybe their head and upper torso would be generally intact.

You aren't talking about regrowth of an arm or hand or eye, but pretty much a whole new body.
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-31-2010, 03:34 AM
From a purely canonical perspective, I wouldn't mind at all if the newly acquired Borg bridge officer looked more robotic, but if he's a Starfleet officer he should be able to wear a Starfleet uniform.

Since I'm assuming they don't have the art assets to provide a full-on 'new liberated borg' look, I'm instead suggesting it'd be nice to have the option to have the old look. There are -no- other male liberated borg bridge officers, and there is definitely the technology to provide that appearance.

Personally I think trying to find a STO-specific canon reason for why we can't have something is missing the point: a liberated borg male bridge officer is clutching at straws. The BO isn't awarded -in- the KA mission anyway, it's provided by Four of Ten at the battlefleet. So the origins of said officer are pretty much left alone - as they should be, since different people -may- want to come up with their own back-stories for their own bridge officers.

Right now the versimilitude of my bridge is -harmed- by the presence of a borg drone, not improved. It makes it feel -less- Trek to me. That's my gripe.
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-04-2010, 07:24 AM
I'm not worried about not being able to change the drone's look. The armor, as mentioned, gives a bit of a change. What I don't like is that I can not add a combadge to him. Seven had a combadge, hell even Nelix was given one and he was neither starfleet nor required on the ship.
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-08-2010, 11:28 PM
Well, since the 'preorder' borg BO is going on c-store, the idea of maintaining exclusivity is somewhat shot down.

So, since the whole 'exclusive' part is now no longer an issue, is there any reason we're stuck with a BO who looks like he should be on the other team?