Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
06-09-2010, 07:28 AM
Cryptic never intended for people to go buy multiple copies of the game, so that is your loss for dooing so. The LTS stuff is kind of on the fence, but I want the borg BO so I love this news.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
06-09-2010, 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by panthro View Post
What would be even better is if all of us that are unhappy about this buy stock in their company got to a shareholder meeting and raise hell about it
Yeah, as a shareholder I'd be all outraged about them making money...wait, what?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
06-09-2010, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius
Yeah, as a shareholder I'd be all outraged about them making money...wait, what?
Shush.... let them buy stocks and scream that Cryptic should not make money or maybe they should refrain from having ANY exclusive items. Then we can avoid this situation in future.

Regardless, please do buy shares and bring a camera to the meeting. I would love to see if Cryptic marketing are entirely clueless or business masterminds in creating these situations.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
06-09-2010, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
One mans Epic Fail is another mans Epic Win.
STO is full of win
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
06-09-2010, 10:40 AM
for me at least, I view this situation with uniforms coming to the C-Store as a very good thing for those customers who wanted the items but for whatever reason weren't able to get them earlier. For the people who already paid a lot of money for these items, this is situation has no bearing on you.

You all made your deals with cryptic at the time of your purchases of the game, you wanted the different specialty items and cryptic let you have them for a price. Now that Cryptic has decided to let other people have them 3 months later at a lower price (which they are extremely entitled to do because all of the items are owned and designed by them) whatever the other customers do has absolutely no bearing on you pre-order people. The prices you paid to get all the items are now what economists and accountants call "Sunk Costs" because the money is gone, you can't get it back, and there is no changing that.

My advice is to just worry about yourself and your account and whatever specialty items you purchased earlier and enjoy them, just because others got them at a reduced price doesn't mean that they aren't still valuable to the people that pre-ordered multiple copies of the game specifically for the items.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
06-09-2010, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by caseman417 View Post
You all made your deals with cryptic at the time of your purchases of the game, you wanted the different specialty items and cryptic let you have them for a price. Now that Cryptic has decided to let other people have them 3 months later at a lower price (which they are extremely entitled to do because all of the items are owned and designed by them) whatever the other customers do has absolutely no bearing on you pre-order people.
Shush! You can't bring personal responsibility into the forum. It's all entitlement and signatures with preorder item lists.

It's even funnier that you need to be an adult to hold shares. So we have adults crying about virtual property that they don't even own being somehow 'devalued' because someone else doesn't even own it.

Adults.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
06-09-2010, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius
Yeah, as a shareholder I'd be all outraged about them making money...wait, what?
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dern, Naevius stole me thunder lol! 'Nough said.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
06-09-2010, 03:22 PM
definately gonna get the MU uniforms.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
06-10-2010, 04:59 AM
EPIC VICTORY!

I campaigned with many others for this day! Especially with the MU Uniform debate. I thank all of my supporters!!!!
I would like to thank all of the Cryptic folk that made this win for the current and future comunity members posssible!!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
06-10-2010, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardalpha2clearance View Post
EPIC VICTORY!

I campaigned with many others for this day! Especially with the MU Uniform debate. I thank all of my supporters!!!!
I would like to thank all of the Cryptic folk that made this win for the current and future comunity members posssible!!
hey hey hey hey... your my minion! :O
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:39 PM.