Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Lt. Commander
# 1 Rogues Radio Recruitment!
06-09-2010, 02:49 PM
The Rebels of the Airwaves and official station of the Ten Forward Fleet is looking for DJs. Regardless of time zone, musical taste, or ability, we want YOU to have a voice on the latest Multi-MMO station to hit the series of tubes we call the Internet.

But Flash, I have no experience as a DJ!
Neither did I, when I started. Well, thatís not true, I had a few years experience DJing gigs - but that doesnít really compare to the live interaction you get when youíre a Net Radio DJ.

I have experience, what do I need to do?
Well, you do the same as those with no experience, and thatís apply! All you need to do is read the guidelines HERE (which Iíll copy down anyway, for the lazy people) and send in an e-mail to rogues@roguesradio.com and our Lord and Master will review everyone individually.

Will there be cake?
There will be, yes. However, as your recruiter, I will get 25% of all cake you would receive.

Is it an ST:O station?
As a Multi-MMO station, you could be broadcasting to any game, be it ST:O, CoH, WoW, EvE, ****, or any one of many other MMOs.

The time I want to DJ in is full already, what do I do?
Are you sure theyíre the same time? RR, being based in the UK, utilises GMT/BST time zones to calculate the sets. Weíre looking for people who can play in different time zones, to provide music for when the other DJs canít.

If you have any questions, you all know me, and where to find me. Alternatively, you can get in touch with the station Managers directly through the site.

---

1. You need to love music, and by that, we mean LOVE music! After all, you're going to be showing off this love to the entire internet!!

2. You need to be a gamer, or a former Net DJ yourself. We are a station aimed at gamers, so you need to have at least a passing knowledge of the subject. Ideally you'll be a gamer yourself, preferably in an MMO of some sort. Almost all our DJ's play one of the leading MMO's in the market at the moment, some of them for several years, some of them multiple games as well. If not, don't worry! If you are familiar with the games, or have a friend or relative that plays them constantly, that's fine with us! As long as you're passionate about music, it's all good!

3. You need to be at least 18 years old. We might from time to time look at a slightly younger age, certainly nothing below 16, but if we get a good recommendation from someone we know at the station, that's always a bonus, but for now, we're sticking with 18.

4. You MUST have a decent sized MP3 collection! After all, if you're going to be playing this stuff week in, week out, you can't really do it if you only have 4 albums, all by the same person! We don't mind what genre of music you love, our DJ's cover everything from Rock to Pop to Disco to Jazz to Easy Listening! As long as you love it, that's fine with us. Just make sure you have plenty!

5. Previous experience is not needed, but is always useful. Whether it's online or in real life, as long as you've spun the decks (even virtually) that's fine with us. All new DJ's will be placed on a trial basis to begin with to see how they do anyway, so don't worry too much about not having done this before.