Lt. Commander
# 741
06-09-2010, 07:09 PM
Hey All,

I'm collecting feedback from this thread.

So far I assert that the primary areas of feedback are:

1.) Many players agree with the change and are excited to see these items become available.
2.) Players who elected to purchase multiple retail copies feel that their purchases are being devalued by allowing other users to purchase these items at a significantly lower price via the C-Store.
3.) Early-adopters who found value in the exclusivity find that the value of their purchase has diminished due to the fact that the items will be less exclusive than they were before.

I'm going to ensure that the feedback is heard. While I think that ultimately, we would like to provide these items to the users who couldn't get them before, it's always important to make sure that feedback is properly relayed.

As stated before, getting something "now" will generally come at a greater price than waiting. I apologize to anyone that feels that these changes are coming too soon, and hope that you all can understand that we are doing our best to make as many players happy as possible. Not everyone will always agree with every change, but we try! I even send out links to some of the player run polls that some people make on Polldaddy.
Lt. Commander
# 742
06-09-2010, 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordun
Caveat Emptor...It is a shame so many folks had to find this out this way. Really folks who purchased multiple copies of the same game to get "exclusives"...Ouch...hate to say it but they set themselves up for this hurt, and please no one cry "but they said...", when it comes to sales, salesmen lie. Its an ugly fact but its what drives capitalisim. Smart consumers would make a single purchase, take whatever "bonus" they were granted and be happy. To do more is the fault of the buyer not the seller. They gave the pitch...you bought it, but you didn't really need to keep buying and buying and buying, etc. Hopefully now that those that got "burned" have learned the truth of sales, and will tell others to prevent this type of foolishness in the future. Remember enter every sale from a place of distrust, and only spend what you really need to (spend more then its your fault not thiers).

Guess they didn't even lie about it...they said they would do this upfront. Wow, didn't expect that. Guess folks need to be sure they read *all* the fine print before they buy....Another good tip.
Yea you are right. Perhaps I should've been more cautious. I got burned by the recent announcement by Crpytics and "more" to come. I just hope that the Liberated Borg should be available via C-Store as well then.
Lt. Commander
# 743
06-09-2010, 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMDestra
Hey All,

1.) Many players agree with the change and are excited to see these items become available.
2.) Players who elected to purchase multiple retail copies feel that their purchases are being devalued by allowing other users to purchase these items at a significantly lower price via the C-Store.
3.) Early-adopters who found value in the exclusivity find that the value of their purchase has diminished due to the fact that the items will be less exclusive than they were before.

I'm going to ensure that the feedback is heard. While I think that ultimately, we would like to provide these items to the users who couldn't get them before, it's always important to make sure that feedback is properly relayed.

As stated before, getting something "now" will generally come at a greater price than waiting. I apologize to anyone that feels that these changes are coming too soon, and hope that you all can understand that we are doing our best to make as many players happy as possible. Not everyone will always agree with every change, but we try! I even send out links to some of the player run polls that some people make on Polldaddy.
Of course many players want this the have nots always outnumber the haves. I say keep them tied to each edition of the game if they want the items that bad let them buy it the fact that they aren't willing to do so tells me two things
1 it isn't important enough to them to spend the money
2 they don't feel the product is worth the money

So why are you kicking those of us who do think the producrt is worth it in the teeth?
I also have to ask why your company would use such sleazy business tactics this is my first experience with your comapny and so far has been a pretty bad experience
Lt. Commander
# 744
06-09-2010, 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by panthro View Post
To all those who say it's our fault for buying multiple copies of the game what if the shoe was on the other foot and cryptic announced you would never be able to get these items again that they were gone forever...
Ummm, I wouldn't give a shet? SOOOO many other more important things in life that I could miss out on that are real and substancial. Missing out on fake items in a fake world really wouldn't make my give a fock-o-meter spike all that much, especially since I got the one(s) I wanted w/my CE. And still, I don't care if they are "sold" in the c-store for all to have. I spent my money the way I wanted to. Plenty games out there that I own that I bought at full price, only to see them at $20 or less later on. I give money to the companies I want to and wait for the ones I don't care so much about or aren't hurtin' for cash (Lucasarts for example.)

The endgame remains the same - the buyer is responsible for spending his/her own money on the products they choose to purchase.
Lt. Commander
# 745
06-09-2010, 07:26 PM
Quote:
Hey All,

If you issue the MU unis to the C-store you just screwed the people who supported you the most, when you needed it the most. This betrayal of trust is massive.

Make it right.
Lt. Commander
# 746
06-09-2010, 07:30 PM
Quote:
Hey All,

Considering your statement is basically that this is going to go forward no matter what is said Cryptic should really consider some kind of c-store credit compensation for those who have the items you are going to sell. It will not retain the original value of these items but it will transfer some of that value via c-store purchases.

And while I have your attention directly I think it would behoove the powers-that-be to consider the damage this action will do to Cryptic's public image. It suffers from previous "infractions" and should be spared any more if possible. At least take action to minimize the damage this will do.

With that, I am done here.

Thank you for your time.
Lt. Commander
# 747
06-09-2010, 07:33 PM
Actually, one more thing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSpray
If you issue the MU unis to the C-store you just screwed the people who supported you the most, when you needed it the most. This betrayal of trust is massive.

Make it right.
I have to agree with this. The people with both LTS have stood by you as a company though the worst times you have had through this difficult year.
Lt. Commander
# 748
06-09-2010, 07:36 PM
I feel deeply irritated about this change. I am by no means rich or super spoiled. I had to do a lot to afford to preorder Collector's Edition and LTS. It is insulting that all the exclusives I got for taking a leap of faith, a $300 plus leap of faith mind you, for a game I had never played nor experienced that may have turned out o be total garbage is being offered for a couple bucks.

I would just like to say that I was thinking about what popular MMO doesn't just give out exclusives to everyone. What was it? Oh, Yeah! The most popular MMO ever, World of ********! Maybe you should follow their example, seeing as they make tons more money than you, and learn from them. For awhile, I even thought about bringing my friends to STO but now, I think I'll tell them to got to WOW or maybe even The Old Republic.

To respond to GMDestra's comment that, "As stated before, getting something 'now' will generally come at a greater price than waiting." I would just like to say we didn't throw out $100 cause we wanted it now, we gave them to you cause we wanted the EXCLUSIVE items PERIOD. I, like many others that are upset, believed EXCLUSIVE to mean a one time thing not a few dollars a couple months down the road. Your comments as well as Cryptic Studios behavior leads me to assume that if a fancy new $60 expansion comes down the road with tons of "Exclusives" we should just wait a month or two and get it for a fraction of the price and causing less revenue for the game. Is that what you are saying? It may be just my humble opinion as a hard working American, but maybe the "Exclusives" should remain Exclusives.

Lastly, in response to " Many players agree with the change and are excited to see these items become available." Duh! Who doesn't want an exclusive that they missed out on back for a fraction of the price. Everyone wants exclusives, but thats why their called EXCLUSIVES! I want my money back for taking a leap of a faith with my hard earned money and getting screwed, and I bet so does everyone else. Are you gonna give us back our money? I can't believe I trusted a company I never heard of with enough money to buy an Xbox, juts to get screwed. You should feel ashamed of yourselves, taking advantage of hard working Americans like that in such a hard economic climate. How do you sleep at night?
Lt. Commander
# 749
06-09-2010, 07:37 PM
I have to ask did you r company use the words "may decide to add them the cstore down the road" just on the crazy chance that people might think hey if I don't get this now I might not be able to ever get it?
So they bought multiple copies

I am a dual lifer with multiple copies on both accounts I find this whole thing in incredibly poor taste

Another question is the game really doing that bad? financially
Lt. Commander
# 750
06-09-2010, 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSpray

Make it right.
This. Why do you continue to pi$$ on the early supporters of the game? Some of us invested a LOT more than others have. We were the ones who adopted the game early, followed the game since it was picked up by you, and were willing to shell out at LEAST $300.00 (LTS + retail box) believing that this game could be good and last for years. I had (misguided) faith that you would put out at least an enjoyable and entertaining Trek experience. What we got was a half-assed release with 1.25 factions at launch, C-Store fluff stuffed up the wazoo, a con-a-friend that received a LOT of negative responses yet still went live, Caitians promised since before beta and pushed OFF the calendar, and now this. I can't believe that i was duped by such an underhanded and shady company. As the saying goes: "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." Thank you for proving me a complete and gullible moron.
Closed Thread