Lt. Commander
# 11
06-09-2010, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekkameron View Post
I'm a tac officer flying a cruiser, admittedly not a fed one but similar layout.

Front: 3 x Beam array 1 x dual beam
Rear: 4 x Beam array

Deflector: Positron [EM]
Shield: Resilent with Phaser/Tetryon resists
Engines: Combat impulse turn x2
Engineering consoles: 2 x Monotanium (+30 kin resist) 1 x EPS 1 x Shield power
Science consoles: 2 x Halon (Hazard emitters)
Tactical consoles: 3 x (Whatever damage type you are using)

Skills.. (this may look suspect to many, but it work in prolonged fights)
Tactical: Beam overload 1, Attack pattern delta 1
Engineer 1: Emergency power to shields 1, RSP 1, Aux to structure 2, Boarding party 3
Engineer 2: Emergency power to shields 1, RSP 1, Extend shields 2
Engineer 3: Engineering team 1
Science: Science team 1, Hazard emitters 2

This is what i fly with in pvp although sometimes i change my shield and engineer consoles depending on how the game is progressing.

Just remember to bind the "distribute shields" hotkey to something like "R" so you can spam it easily. Believe me, it makes a world of difference.

Also i have been toying with changing Beam overload 1 to tac team 1. But i just like the noise BO makes.
Thank you! Much appreciated man! Based on your BO skills, Your playstyle is probably similar to mine. I'll be giving it a go and tweaking for my needs.
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-09-2010, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC.1701 View Post
Thank you! Much appreciated man! Based on your BO skills, Your playstyle is probably similar to mine. I'll be giving it a go and tweaking for my needs.
Gimme a shout ingame anytime if you want some more advice. I do not proclaim to be awesome or anything but other the months i think i have gotten to grips with it hehe.
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-09-2010, 02:31 PM
Today I threw out my Reverse Shield Polarity and replaced it with Aux to Dampeners.

And I am actually considering finding an alternative for Extend Shields, because that 5 km radius with my super-sliding cruiser becomes almost impossible to maintain. But I need some ally heals.

Maybe I need to hunt down Aux to SIF 3.If I don't like Aux to Dampeners, I can put an Extend Shields there and put Engeneering Team 3 in the Aux to SiIF 2 slot...

Well, if I ever find a damn Aux to SIF 3.
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-09-2010, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Today I threw out my Reverse Shield Polarity and replaced it with Aux to Dampeners.

And I am actually considering finding an alternative for Extend Shields, because that 5 km radius with my super-sliding cruiser becomes almost impossible to maintain. But I need some ally heals.

Maybe I need to hunt down Aux to SIF 3.If I don't like Aux to Dampeners, I can put an Extend Shields there and put Engeneering Team 3 in the Aux to SiIF 2 slot...

Well, if I ever find a damn Aux to SIF 3.
Extend shields with a science team thrown ion top does pretty well. Just keep your evasive manuever handy to jump to someones aid.
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-09-2010, 10:27 PM
I was thinking about going to 2 X RSP now I flew like that a long time the thing is do I get rid of EPtA and rely on batteries more to help with my tachyon and AtSIF. I like my DEMIII, and I can't get ride of EPtS or ET. Bad enough I forgo ST in favor of Polarize hull which is now useless against tractor beams and I am so in love with Tachyon Beam II. I am a Tac/Cruiser so I am wondering?
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-10-2010, 02:49 AM
Quote:
Extend shields with a science team thrown ion top does pretty well. Just keep your evasive manuever handy to jump to someones aid.
My problem really is the ridicilous sliding going on - If I use Evasive Maneuvers, I get to the target, extend my shields, and then slide out of range of ES.

It would probably work better in premades where people know to look for my cruiser and keep close. Ninja Healing goes only so far...