Lt. Commander
Greetings fellow captains and officers.

Recently I and other participated in some PvP matches where, quite frankly, I do quite well in my Sovereign Refit.

Then two bird of preys decloaked ripped my covariant shield away in two seconds, and brought my hull from 100% to 35% in another second. No torpedoes were fired. No ramming.

I think proceeded to fire polarise hull, brace for impact, science team II, and RSP III. My shields went to full, i began to work on the hull, and, with my shields full, my hull was directly attacked and I was destroyed. 65% to zero in two seconds. No my shields did not get placed offline.

Similair case with a fleet mate. Full shields, hull attacked directly. Same two players, same two birds of prey. We we're even buffed defensively second time around. We launched a full attack on them and they were stronger than us in defense.

Can someone tell me what to do? How to proceed or what happened?

Thankyou very much.

P.S A BoP should never be able to ram a Sovereign or Emissary and come out better off than the bigger ship.

When a car rams into a truck.... < See what I mean?
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-10-2010, 01:22 PM
It was probably bleedthrough damage that got you.

They were either: A) Pumping out insane DPS via AP:A + AP: O III + C:RF III + DHCs B) Transphasic torpedoes (though they wouldn't be able to do THAT much) C) got a crit from Beam Overload (I've seen them do upwards of 47,000) D) some or all of the above combined.

As for how to stop it, Jam Sensors could buy you a few seconds, or SNB would strip them down so they're not nearly as deadly.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-10-2010, 02:38 PM
Add direct energy modulation into the stack mentioned in post above and voila. Might be another reason for it but DEM isnt anywhere near as bad now as it was in the old days. Check the combat log it should point u in the right direction
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-10-2010, 02:46 PM
The bop has universal boff stations... I am able to load Cannon Scatter III and team it with DEM II. And yes with alpha running... and a friend doing the same. Your lucky you lasted that long.
DEM doesn't do crazy dmg however it more then doubles bleed through which can already be crazy with a couple plasma distribution (+6 weapons).

They may have also used Beam Overload on you if they where running beams. I have had Beam Overload III crit for insane numbers even in 1.2

On a bop it is possible to run Cannon Scatter III Dem II and Beam Overload III all at the same time.... with that combo you wouldn't really need 2 bops to take down even a tanky cruiser.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-10-2010, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverz
Similair case with a fleet mate. Full shields, hull attacked directly. Same two players, same two birds of prey. We we're even buffed defensively second time around. We launched a full attack on them and they were stronger than us in defense.
Again the bop universal staions allow crazy defensive powers. My Bop load out is this

Eng Team 1 - Emergency Sheilds II
sci team I - Transfer Sheild Strength II
Emerg Sheilds I - Emerg to SIF 1 - DEM II
BO I - BO II - CRF II - Cannon Scatter III

I run 3 Dual Heavys... 1 Dual Beam Front
2 Beam Arrays Rear

I also Run a key bind which runns my Emergency to Sheilds II and then I and then Transfer Sheild II... and Emerge to Sif + Distrinbute shields.
I smack that button constanly when under fire... it keeps my shield resists crazy high... and my hull is getting heal every 15 sec from the SIF... and I have ENG and SCI in reserve.

This build makes it almost impossible to take me down 1 on 1 or even 3 on 1. Also running the tac powers still gives me a great set of teeth.

My guess is you ran into 2 bops with simmiler builds.