Lt. Commander
Hey all,

I just taught this to one of my tactical officers, but they aren't high ranking enough to use it. That, and I'm not entirely sure how it works. Anyone care to explain? Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-10-2010, 03:08 PM
It works by powering up your next beam attack barrage, in successful, it'll drain power from Auxiliary. When you say they aren't a high enough rank to use it, you simply need to promote them. Promote them by giving them the required amount of skillpoints for you to be able to do so.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-10-2010, 03:11 PM
Oh well, I can't promote them yet. I'm not a high enough rank to do that yet. Thanks for the intel. Do you happen to know if its really effective? I mean, Auxillary seems not that vital...
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-10-2010, 03:14 PM
Aux is very important for science class ships
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-10-2010, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogmahone
Aux is very important for science class ships
Agreed, taking out Aux is good for fighting Science ships, but not too many others. I personally go for Weapons to get a respite during battle.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-10-2010, 03:31 PM
Sweet, thanks. It seemed important when I got it. So I decided I would add it to my tac officer. yay!
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-10-2010, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Hunter 9
Agreed, taking out Aux is good for fighting Science ships, but not too many others. I personally go for Weapons to get a respite during battle.
It's also useful when fighting cruisers that are now using Aux to Structural Integrity Field as a heal power since the latest patch.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-10-2010, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air_Force_Man12 View Post
Sweet, thanks. It seemed important when I got it. So I decided I would add it to my tac officer. yay!
As a tactical strategy, you might also consider Target Subsystems Shields and Target Subsystems Engines.

When you shut down a target's engines, or slow them down dramatically, they take more damage.

When you drain a target's shields or remove them completely, they are destroyed faster.

One could make a strong case for each and every Subsystem targeting power having a tactical use. Even Target Subsystems Weapons.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-10-2010, 04:49 PM
If you match the target subs with a weapon system that has a complimentary proc like polarons it can make them more effective as well. But of course you cant rely on a proc .... its just a nice suprise when the two happen to work at the same time.