Lt. Commander
# 31
06-10-2010, 12:10 PM
Sometimes, you plan to have something done on a certain day, but because of reasons beyond your control, it isn't finished on that day, and you have to keep working on it.

Sometimes, you come up with what you think is a great idea (like, say, STFs) and you put in a lot of work and implement it, and put it out there, and pretty much all the feedback you get about it is negative. So rather than keep working on that same idea, you pull it to retool it and try to release it in a better form that will get a better reception.

Demanding things and demanding them now is childish. If you don't want to pay for STO until it has more features, or a certain feature, cancel your sub and resub when the feature(s) you want are implemented. You know, like an adult.
Lt. Commander
# 32
06-10-2010, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher_nemo View Post
Fans: knock it off. You're not adding anything constructive to a post by calling people names or attacking them. People disagree with you about STO, so get over it. Feel free to defend your mother if someone says a bad word about her, but this is a game... it isn't part of your 'family' and it didn't give birth to you.

Critics: knock it off too. Just hit the report button instead of feeding the trolling/flames. Continuing it is being just as bad as them, especially if you try to pick on their account name, attack their spelling, grammar, etc. It just isn't helpful. And if you start a complaint thread, prepare to have some heat in there.
^ This please. The flaming and trolling needs to stop people. If you see someone doing it, please do not respond to, or quote that user's post. Instead, click that little red Triangle at the bottom of the post, at let a moderator deal with the problem.

We're all here because we are fans of Star Trek. We all want to seeStar Trek Online become even better than it is now. We all are working together to that end. Sometimes, people's emotions get in th way of posting calmly and constructively. If someone is already upset, flaming or trolling them only serves to make them more upset.

As for the OP, I'm very sorry you're upset. Sometimes in development, things don't go as planned: Implementing a new feature takes a little longer than expected to implement, or to make that feature good, we need to make new tech. Sometimes, things get pushed back. We're doing the best we can to give you all quality updates, as swiftly as possible. We're not going to release something before it's as good as we can make it, and we think you'll enjoy it, and I'm pretty sure you don't want us to puch out broken features that don't work.

We'll always have bugs. Developers are human too, and they'll make mistakes. We do our best to catch these before they go to you, but sometimes, you guys will do something we didn't think of, and find something that we missed. It's our job then to go and fix things. However, this too takes time.

All the feartures which we said were coming still are, but it is going to take time to implement all of those things. Please be patient, and try to remember that we are working as quickly as we can to continue to improve Star Trek Online, and that you are a part of that process.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 33
06-10-2010, 12:46 PM
I love Star Trek and I love STO so far.

The calendar, like my own real life calendar, gets fudged. So what! We're all grown ups, I think, and we all know time gets shifted around as it does, even in our own daily lives.

If waiting a week or two means better releases, then I'm all for it.
Lt. Commander
# 34
06-10-2010, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curs0r View Post
Worry not friend! That accolade seems bugged. I teamed with a LT on the Azura, completed the objectives and it didn't unlock. Made a new LT and ran the Azura solo, got all the objectives, and it didn't unlock.
My Azura accolade didn't unlock either. Was thinking maybe I missed something even though everything was checked... but looks like it may jsut be bugged.
Lt. Commander
# 35
06-10-2010, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
^ This please. The flaming and trolling needs to stop people. If you see someone doing it, please do not respond to, or quote that user's post. Instead, click that little red Triangle at the bottom of the post, at let a moderator deal with the problem.

We're all here because we are fans of Star Trek. We all want to seeStar Trek Online become even better than it is now. We all are working together to that end. Sometimes, people's emotions get in th way of posting calmly and constructively. If someone is already upset, flaming or trolling them only serves to make them more upset.

As for the OP, I'm very sorry you're upset. Sometimes in development, things don't go as planned: Implementing a new feature takes a little longer than expected to implement, or to make that feature good, we need to make new tech. Sometimes, things get pushed back. We're doing the best we can to give you all quality updates, as swiftly as possible. We're not going to release something before it's as good as we can make it, and we think you'll enjoy it, and I'm pretty sure you don't want us to puch out broken features that don't work.

We'll always have bugs. Developers are human too, and they'll make mistakes. We do our best to catch these before they go to you, but sometimes, you guys will do something we didn't think of, and find something that we missed. It's our job then to go and fix things. However, this too takes time.

All the feartures which we said were coming still are, but it is going to take time to implement all of those things. Please be patient, and try to remember that we are working as quickly as we can to continue to improve Star Trek Online, and that you are a part of that process.

Thanks,

Stormshade
I'd like to thank you for your statements about the flaming/trolling, and for addressing my concern.
Lt. Commander
# 36
06-10-2010, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curs0r View Post
I'll make you a deal cryptic, if I just give you the $15 now will you get it in gear? ?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s32ndDamian View Post
This portion was especially constructive. So much that I think we should focus on it.
I too, would like to make a deal with Cryptic.
I'll send them $30 (Since I can't bribe them with my monthly fee)
What can "I" get for my $30??
Thanks for bringing this to light, I had no idea you could negotiate with Cryptic via the forums, great stuff.
I've still got $30 if there is a "deal" to be made, lol.
Lt. Commander
# 37
06-10-2010, 04:22 PM
Fortunately, the calendar was updated to show where Season 2 stands in the pipeline. Apparently, Cryptic is still on track for a July release (good news, no?)

I can sympathize with the original poster's position of wondering where some of 1.3 went (Dabo was rolled into Season 2 - maybe a sign that they're working on rewards or have contacted Chase Masterson)?

Anything solid that Tribble could at least test between now and July 15th?
Lt. Commander
# 38
06-10-2010, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
Fortunately, the calendar was updated to show where Season 2 stands in the pipeline. Apparently, Cryptic is still on track for a July release (good news, no?)

I can sympathize with the original poster's position of wondering where some of 1.3 went (Dabo was rolled into Season 2 - maybe a sign that they're working on rewards or have contacted Chase Masterson)?

Anything solid that Tribble could at least test between now and July 15th?
Odds are (considering how season 1 launch went and the recent 1.2), we'll see Tribble get little things here and there soon enough to test before the 15th hits ^^