Lt. Commander
# 21
06-10-2010, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTWinters
Although if you compare the crew of the Lion Voltron and the crew from G-Force (aka Gatchaman, not that stupid Gerbil movie) you'll notice alot of similarities. Actually come to think of it, alot of those older anime's had similar groupings of heroes.

1. The stalwart Hero leader type
2. The Rebel of the group
3. The kid and/or teenage genius
4. The Female hero type
5. The big guy and/or the Muscle
It's called The Five Man Band.

1. The Hero - usually bold, charismatic, and the one to save the day.
2. The Lancer - second in command and usually a foil to the hero. Almost as competent, charismatic, or bold as the hero, perhaps even moreso in one of those areas, but not quite Hero material on his own.
3. Smart Guy - Brains of the outfit. Usually comes up with a plan or clever gadget to help The Hero. Can often be younger then the rest of the party
4. The Chick - Usually the token girl, she exists to increase the demographic and have a love interest for the Hero.
5. The Big Guy - The Big, tough guy.
Lt. Commander
# 22
06-10-2010, 12:15 PM
Wow! There's an actaul name to the concept. Some people think about this way too much
Lt. Commander
# 23
06-10-2010, 01:15 PM
Lol Voltron on Nick? Lol I remember watchin that show back when I was a kid...good times. I think I still have my orig. Voltron and the "new" one somewhere hehe.

Hmmmm anyone watch "Titan Maximum" on Adult Swim on Cartoon Network? It's a great spoof of Voltron :p
Lt. Commander
# 24
06-10-2010, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
Lol Voltron on Nick? Lol I remember watchin that show back when I was a kid...good times. I think I still have my orig. Voltron and the "new" one somewhere hehe.

Hmmmm anyone watch "Titan Maximum" on Adult Swim on Cartoon Network? It's a great spoof of Voltron :p
I mentioned that as the first reply to this thread, Clare is my hero I swear it, then seeing Hit Girl in Kickass I was like... Clare 2.0 SE? Yeah, I hope the release a box set because I really want it.
Lt. Commander
# 25
06-10-2010, 04:47 PM
The most recent production of Voltron I've seen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjMFYAdvHJc