Lt. Commander
# 11
06-10-2010, 03:48 PM
I have always enjoyed the pics coming in from our spacecraft. I wish the pics of the Hyugens probe would have been better, but we didn't know what to expect, and it sure wasn't anything close to what we thought.

2015, We finally get to see what Pluto and Charon look like.
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-10-2010, 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTWinters
Now is that bright spot on top where the Enterprise warped into Titan's atmosphere?

Isn't this a Titan?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/checco/220990528/
I actually got to tour a Titan missile silo. incidentally, the Titan Missile Museum is where they filmed the silo scenes for Star Trek: First Contact.
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-11-2010, 06:58 AM
I saw a couple of sites, recently, where developers are turning former silos in the US into luxury homes, too. Pretty cool stuff.
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-11-2010, 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artorious-Jonah View Post
The sun glints off the surface of a liquid methane lake on the surface of the moon in this nasa photo...

I was reminded of the fact that it is such an exotic place to us that instead of liquid water Titan has liquid methane... lakes of it... muddy shores on methane seas... methane mud flats on its flood plains... methane air where methane rain falls from methane clouds...

a... giant... planet... of... wait for it...

... fart.
Thank you two fold. First off for making me laugh, and then making me laugh again when the great discription you gave reminded me of Halo: Cole Protocol when the crazy Russian-lady Spartan used her drop pod like a rocket sled to mush an army of Grunts on a planet with methane lakes, rivers and even waterfall.

It really is too bad we won't see environmental suits in STO, at least not for a long while. I'd love to beam to a planet like that and not have my flesh melt from my bones.