Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 31
06-10-2010, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blenda
Star Trek Online is a PEGI12+ game. Anyone who plays this game has agreed to behave in a way that does not jeopardise this rating. So if you swear and cuss in zone chat you are in the wrong. And if you get reported you deserve whatever punishment you get.

Cussing in a very public zone will always result in a complaint by me. In a PvP zone you would have to accuse me of having sex with my maternal parent before I would reach for the complain button.
negative ghostrider.

"Online Interactions not rated by the ESRB"
Lt. Commander
# 32
06-10-2010, 02:36 PM
I think you're all just a bunch of mean meanie meaner neener poopie heads that stole my lunch money out of my secret hiding place in our fort treehouse!

Oh, and maybe some of you are girls, so that means you have cooties! yuuuuuuk!
Lt. Commander
# 33
06-10-2010, 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manannan
(speaking of, if swearing is against the TOS, why can the filter be turned off?)
Because Cryptic doesn't care if you and your buddies use foul language in your private tells. They do mind if you and your buddies use foul language in the public channels, though.
Lt. Commander
# 34
06-10-2010, 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
negative ghostrider.

"Online Interactions not rated by the ESRB"
Yep, the ESRB would need a Tardis to do that.

But if the publisher of a game wishes to keep their PEGI13+ rating they must take steps to prevent any non PEGI13+ behaviour when they become aware of it.

Go to the pegi website if you don't believe it.
Lt. Commander
# 35 Lol!
06-12-2010, 06:26 AM
What a waste of time.Stil though you have the power to influence others even in a game.So people will treat you the way you treat them.I use ignore or chat filter whenever i want personally.Id rather the devs be working on content than addressing foul mouthed folks.

P.S.Cooties are not cool!LMAO!
Lt. Commander
# 36
06-12-2010, 07:07 AM
The filter putting people on ignore as well could fix the issue for people..I agree some restrait would be proper, and I have tossed out naughty words from time to time as well. I would base it on intent. Directly verbally attacking another player or an ingeneral curse.

But I do not really sit right with the report tool being used as a weapon or other means of revenge. If you truely feel they should be reported then its your right to do so click and move on dont call out reported and such. Usually tho in time a large about of players that would resort to abusing it show that personality type to everyone anyways and it works out.

Just a waste of staff resources and petty.

final thoughts tho.....your all reported!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 37 On Report!
06-12-2010, 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gosso1979
The filter putting people on ignore as well could fix the issue for people..I agree some restrait would be proper, and I have tossed out naughty words from time to time as well. I would base it on intent. Directly verbally attacking another player or an ingeneral curse.

But I do not really sit right with the report tool being used as a weapon or other means of revenge. If you truely feel they should be reported then its your right to do so click and move on dont call out reported and such. Usually tho in time a large about of players that would resort to abusing it show that personality type to everyone anyways and it works out.

Just a waste of staff resources and petty.

final thoughts tho.....your all reported!!!!!
Reported for reporting!No wait ...LOL!