Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
06-12-2010, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragamite View Post
.and who would listen anyway
I might. We could give it a test run here. Tell us a story.

Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
06-12-2010, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragamite View Post
But the fact is that it needs some spice and life to make someone who slaves at this game for 400 days is super thrilled to gain access to this exclusive club of captains!
No, that is not a fact. That is your opinion.

Your opinion does not equal fact. I recommend learning the difference between the two words. Perhaps this will help.

My opinion is different than yours. Does this make my opinion fact? If not then why not?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
06-12-2010, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post
No, that is not a fact. That is your opinion.

Your opinion does not equal fact. I recommend learning the difference between the two words. Perhaps this will help.

My opinion is different than yours. Does this make my opinion fact? If not then why not?
I followed your link, now i know what Retrosexual means, your point ?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
06-12-2010, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post
No, that is not a fact. That is your opinion.

Your opinion does not equal fact. I recommend learning the difference between the two words. Perhaps this will help.

My opinion is different than yours. Does this make my opinion fact? If not then why not?
No my opinion does not equal fact I will give you that. The "Fact" is the place is dead, has no life, so then logically it is factual to say it needs spice to liven it up.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
06-12-2010, 03:32 PM
I gotta say I been there maybe 1 or 2 times dont really see alot of reason to go there as it is it just means a extra zone to get to the exchange or npc
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
06-12-2010, 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragamite View Post
No my opinion does not equal fact I will give you that. The "Fact" is the place is dead, has no life, so then logically it is factual to say it needs spice to liven it up.
Agreed. Its one more example of Cryptic thinking we need a place to "socialize". We already have such places, they're called chat channels :p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
06-13-2010, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruivo
Agreed. Its one more example of Cryptic thinking we need a place to "socialize". We already have such places, they're called chat channels :p
I could totally understand if when I go there there are a dozen RP'ers loving life and shootin the bull here but the only thing I ever see going on is one or two people heading to the bank exchange and mailbox. I just felt like expressing my interest that if you had everything at the Captains Table to include some exclusive missions, especially since everyone will have access to it after they have played for 400 days.

Make it feel like an exclusive club in the lobby and the side areas have all your needs at one stop, ships, personell, crafting, weapons, equipment, and the bank, exchange and mailbox all at one place. Leave some thing where they should be like the Memory Alpha Vendors but have a crafting station at the captains table.

The ability to buy any ship, modify it and select it as current should also be available here. Since this is a mutual meeting area of ALL factions diplomatic missions or missions using other faction ships could be possible.

About the story telling cost! What if when I went to purchase simple items I was given the option to select 1 of 3 stories. 1 story is fantastic one is ok and the other he doesn't like. If he doesn't like your story you don't get your purchase. If he finds it fantastic you get a little something extra!

For more elaborate items the number of stories to choose from would increase but still only 2 will complete your purchases. Just a thought but I just feel there is so much potential to be offered at the Captains Table and nothing seems to really be happening there.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
06-13-2010, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragamite View Post
No my opinion does not equal fact I will give you that. The "Fact" is the place is dead, has no life, so then logically it is factual to say it needs spice to liven it up.
"Dead" is not an objective determination, and your conclusion is "logically factual" only if your proposed solution is the only viable solution. The truth is, the lack of activity at the Captain's Table may have more to do with the small player population of this game than with the presence or lack of "spicy" content in the Captain's Table.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
06-13-2010, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragamite View Post
I could totally understand if when I go there there are a dozen RP'ers loving life and shootin the bull here but the only thing I ever see going on is one or two people heading to the bank exchange and mailbox. I just felt like expressing my interest that if you had everything at the Captains Table to include some exclusive missions, especially since everyone will have access to it after they have played for 400 days.

Make it feel like an exclusive club in the lobby and the side areas have all your needs at one stop, ships, personell, crafting, weapons, equipment, and the bank, exchange and mailbox all at one place. Leave some thing where they should be like the Memory Alpha Vendors but have a crafting station at the captains table.

The ability to buy any ship, modify it and select it as current should also be available here. Since this is a mutual meeting area of ALL factions diplomatic missions or missions using other faction ships could be possible.

About the story telling cost! What if when I went to purchase simple items I was given the option to select 1 of 3 stories. 1 story is fantastic one is ok and the other he doesn't like. If he doesn't like your story you don't get your purchase. If he finds it fantastic you get a little something extra!

For more elaborate items the number of stories to choose from would increase but still only 2 will complete your purchases. Just a thought but I just feel there is so much potential to be offered at the Captains Table and nothing seems to really be happening there.
I'm a bit dubious about there being the bank, exchange and mail thing there already. I don't think I'd like it to be a one-stop-shop because that would stop me from ever wanting to visit ther places. Crafting should stay on Memory Alpha, so that I'd have a reason to go there.

I'd like it to have all unique features, e.g. a special mini-game - Quark's is getting Dabo, so maybe at The Captain's Table you could have a unique game like 3D chess or something. Or a tell Cap a Story mini-game.

Special exclusive missions sounds possible, as you've got some Admirals there just waiting around like Admiral Quinn and Admiral T'nae. They could offer some exclusive mission while you're there and nowhere else.

Other features could be like hints on what's to come, or spoilers or exclusive info from the developers. That green concierge woman already drops a hint about the Breen when you first get there because she's got a message for you from the future.

It would be nice if the developers used it as a hang out spot to chat with us too. It seems like they only hang out on Tribble sever. They should drop by the Captain's Table and interact with their lifetime players, because we're the ones who want the game to succeed and give suggestions.

Instead of a one-stop-shop they should just make access more convenient. Since the Captain's Table exists outside of normal spacetime, then how about using it as a travel-hub? You could walk through a door in your ship interior/ready-room and appear at The Captain's Table. Much more convenient than flying to Spacedock and going through the nebula!

But since doors to the Captain's Table can appear throughout the galaxy, how about letting us exit at other locations so that we could get around faster (instead of going through sector space, like how the transwarp network speeds up travel? We could be on our ship, go to the captains table and exit at a special captain's table door at Memory Alpha to do some quick crafting. Then go back through the door, through the captains table and back on your ship.

That way, everything is withiin walking access, and you wouldn't need the place to have extra rooms to function as a one-stop-shop - you'd just be able to access all the different locations and features you want!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
06-13-2010, 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactrix View Post
I'm a bit dubious about there being the bank, exchange and mail thing there already. I don't think I'd like it to be a one-stop-shop because that would stop me from ever wanting to visit ther places. Crafting should stay on Memory Alpha, so that I'd have a reason to go there.

I'd like it to have all unique features, e.g. a special mini-game - Quark's is getting Dabo, so maybe at The Captain's Table you could have a unique game like 3D chess or something. Or a tell Cap a Story mini-game.

Special exclusive missions sounds possible, as you've got some Admirals there just waiting around like Admiral Quinn and Admiral T'nae. They could offer some exclusive mission while you're there and nowhere else.

Other features could be like hints on what's to come, or spoilers or exclusive info from the developers. That green concierge woman already drops a hint about the Breen when you first get there because she's got a message for you from the future.

It would be nice if the developers used it as a hang out spot to chat with us too. It seems like they only hang out on Tribble sever. They should drop by the Captain's Table and interact with their lifetime players, because we're the ones who want the game to succeed and give suggestions.

Instead of a one-stop-shop they should just make access more convenient. Since the Captain's Table exists outside of normal spacetime, then how about using it as a travel-hub? You could walk through a door in your ship interior/ready-room and appear at The Captain's Table. Much more convenient than flying to Spacedock and going through the nebula!

But since doors to the Captain's Table can appear throughout the galaxy, how about letting us exit at other locations so that we could get around faster (instead of going through sector space, like how the transwarp network speeds up travel? We could be on our ship, go to the captains table and exit at a special captain's table door at Memory Alpha to do some quick crafting. Then go back through the door, through the captains table and back on your ship.

That way, everything is withiin walking access, and you wouldn't need the place to have extra rooms to function as a one-stop-shop - you'd just be able to access all the different locations and features you want!
This sounds like good material. I would definatly like something to do there like mini games and quests. But traveling between zone through it would make it saught after as well. My reasoning is that after playing for 400 days a non lifer would gain access but what would they really be getting out of the deal? Granted that Cryptic still has almost 300 days to work on it and provide something to it before the first group starts trickling in. So hopefully something will happen there that will make it worth all our time.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:26 PM.